Axminster Rojek KP310A or Record C26 PLUS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Rojek saw PK315, although it's badged Startrite. (can see the Rojek Manufacture plate on it) and it is very solid and well made. Startrite are part of the Record power group and I think you'll find they don't make any of their kit anymore it's all rebadged, they rebadged some saws like mine without the scoring blade under the Record name. So it's a case of buyer beware with Record. I get the impression Rojek are going through an update with their models hence Record possibly bringing out their new kit. That one from axminster looks good value though.
I'm not sure that's been much help but you may look more closely at kit origin now.

Alan

Hi,

I think that assessing these two depends on how much space you have.

Combi's require working space all round. If you think about that you will need at least 2.6m in front and behind the combi, to use the sliding table you will need at least 2m to 2.6m at the LHS, at the RHS side you will need at least 1m to allow you to move around the side and carry wood back and too as you P/T it.

I have a Felder combi and would not be without it but it sits in a 5m x 3.5m space which is occasionally used by other machines on castors but not too often.

Rojek quality is at the middle to lower middle of the selection of combi;s and as such it is at least as good as your middle of the road separates eg, Startrite, Sedgewick etc.

Final though should be how will you return to a previous setting after you have moved it eg 38mm thickness on the planer. I don't know how Rojeck achive this but Felder has a very accurate measuring system down to 000's of an inch. You might need this sort of accuracy down to at least 00's.

I would not touch a Record combi or even a Startrite for all the tea in China.

regards
Alan

beech1948":2xjpwfd4 said:
Hi,

I think that assessing these two depends on how much space you have.

Combi's require working space all round. If you think about that you will need at least 2.6m in front and behind the combi, to use the sliding table you will need at least 2m to 2.6m at the LHS, at the RHS side you will need at least 1m to allow you to move around the side and carry wood back and too as you P/T it.

I have a Felder combi and would not be without it but it sits in a 5m x 3.5m space which is occasionally used by other machines on castors but not too often.

Rojek quality is at the middle to lower middle of the selection of combi;s and as such it is at least as good as your middle of the road separates eg, Startrite, Sedgewick etc.

Final though should be how will you return to a previous setting after you have moved it eg 38mm thickness on the planer. I don't know how Rojeck achive this but Felder has a very accurate measuring system down to 000's of an inch. You might need this sort of accuracy down to at least 00's.

I would not touch a Record combi or even a Startrite for all the tea in China.

regards
Alan
I am constrained by size as I too only have a space of very similar dimensions to yourself.

I think I am going to take a drive down to Axminster at the weekend to have a look at the unit.

I appreciate your comments regarding Record and Startrite

See my thread below for some comments in response to my questions on the Record C26:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/axmi ... 39856.html

Note that the Record C26 in question is actually a rebadged Minimax C26 Genius, and as such has been quite well reviewed on other sites.

As for the Rojek, I visited Axminster in High Wycombe where they have the Deluxe version on display. It seemed to be a heavily built machine, with good fit and finish on the surface. I can't speak for accuracy, repeatability, or reliability however, as I haven't had the chance to use on and have been unable to find any reviews. Unfortunately the picture on the Axminster site is misleading, as the standard version which is the link you referred to sells without the squaring carriage, and support arm. It also includes the 1100mm sliding table vice the 1600mm on the deluxe, as well as resharpenable knives instead of the Tersa on the Deluxe. Lastly, no scoring on the standard. The pdf below illustrates the difference between the two models:

http://www.rojek.cz/pdf/KPS_310A.pdf

Hi, I have the Rojek 315s table saw which comes with sliding carriage and scoring blade. I have no regrets buying it at all. It is very robust, solid and accurate. Only criticism being the poor assembley instructions but I got there after a couple of calls to Axminster and Rojek UK. I would buy more Rojek gear as it has really helped with accuracy and consistancy. I would think the combi machine would be of similar quality. Good luck.

AndreB":rbhp1not said:
Unfortunately the picture on the Axminster site is misleading, as the standard version which is the link you referred to sells without the squaring carriage, and support arm. It also includes the 1100mm sliding table vice the 1600mm on the deluxe, as well as resharpenable knives instead of the Tersa on the Deluxe. Lastly, no scoring on the standard. The pdf below illustrates the difference between the two models:

http://www.rojek.cz/pdf/KPS_310A.pdf
Thanks. The sliding table on the standard version does not look overly robust ?

Flanajb,

The 5mx3.5m space is dedicated to the Felder not the size of my workshop. A combi is really fairly space hungry if you work upto 8FT pieces. If you will usually use smaller pieces then the dedicated space could be smaller.

regards
Alan

My C26 is in a workshop of 16ft x 8ft, its a bit cramped with the sliding table on but I usually cut the big boards down to approx size with the CS. I would not be able to accommodate separates as a TS would take up the same space. Its been fine, has a 5 year guarantee, and is very accurate. You could book a one to one at the Record head office to see it demonstrated. Their after sales service is excellent.

If you could afford the extra money, go for a C30 - 12" planer, would reconmend the record, accuaracy a1, made by mini max a/k scm, so build quality is there. Back up service, even to wilds of ireland is excellant - look for specials on them at record demo days, as can save quite a bit.

Back