Axminster rip fence upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duddybugs

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody had any experience of the Axminster rip fence upgrade -
three w's axminster.dot-co-dot-uk/axminster-rip-fence-upgrade – sorry, not enough posts yet to embed the link properly :(
I think it would fit well on my Kity Bestcombi 2000, which has dreadful fences. Also wondering if the tilting planer fence upgrade is worth doing, as the planer fence on mine is as good as useless. The fences are spoiling an otherwise excellent and accurate little machine.

Cheers
Simon

I've got Axi's £14 fence upgrade for my small bandsaw. It's better than the one that came with the machine (Record Power 250) but still not great.

John

John15":14zq74ju said:
I've got Axi's £14 fence upgrade for my small bandsaw. It's better than the one that came with the machine (Record Power 250) but still not great.

John

Thanks for that, but it's the £75 one I'm looking at. Seems to get good reviews on the website.

Cheers
Simon

New fence parts.jpg

This one I have on my TS 200, it is great but for the table saw I would ideally have liked a longer mounting bar. It is plenty big enough for a band saw!
extension table in place.jpg

It is ridiculously easy to fit and adjust.
I have never regretted buying it.
I hope that helps.

Attachments

• New fence parts.jpg
    New fence parts.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,332
  • extension table in place.jpg
    extension table in place.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,332
I had one for years and it is and has been fine.

You really need to fit to it a supplementary short fence that stops at the blade cutting edge otherwise you will get jamming/kickback problems.

Roger is ,right if you are using ghe fence on a tablesaw. I have one that fits over the fence and can be clamped down with bolts which fit into the slots on the extruded aluminium fence. Not shown on the pictures above.

It is the same principal as my thrown together tenon jig.
IMG_20140423_170638.jpg

I have used my magswitch jig to guard the blade area.

Attachments

• IMG_20140423_170638.jpg
    IMG_20140423_170638.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,315
Thanks for the replies...

All sounds positive, think I'll go ahead and order one. The mounting bar is actually slightly longer than the Bestcombi one so not an issue..

I always use a short supplementary fence when ripping natural timber, nice to know there's an easy means of mounting one.

If I buy the planer fence upgrade as well, I'll be able to loose the rear fence mounting bar, which will make some sort of out feed table easier to realise.

Thanks for the pictures, very informative.

Cheers
Simon

Tim - did I miss a step somewhere? There seems to be an aluminium extrusion across the front of both the saw table and the R/H extension, behind the new fence mounting brackets...

David

Back