Axminster North East

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baldhead":dkvgprvk said:
I've had an email from Axminster today, the new store in North Shields is opening early March, not that I'll be buying anything of course :wink:

Baldhead

I won't tell yours if you don't tell mine. :wink: Let me know when you're going and we can meet for a coffee and compare what we didn't buy :)

Bob

Lons":aeb86hfe said:
Baldhead":aeb86hfe said:
I've had an email from Axminster today, the new store in North Shields is opening early March, not that I'll be buying anything of course :wink:

Baldhead

I won't tell yours if you don't tell mine. :wink: Let me know when you're going and we can meet for a coffee and compare what we didn't buy :)

Bob
You on Bob, I'm thumbing their new catalogue right now, a few things have caught my eye, Titebond, new marking knife, perhaps an Ice Bear mitre marking saddle, nothing expensive obviously :D

Stew

Spoke with Axminster today they say there will be a 10% discount across the board on there Friday and Saturday launch day at North Shields

monty46":ggqdo2yo said:
Spoke with Axminster today they say there will be a 10% discount across the board on there Friday and Saturday launch day at North Shields
I got a 10% off voucher delivered yesterday, it's strange that they're opening for business on the 9th but the grand opening is 13th and 14th, still I suppose it gives them nearly a week to iron out any problems, just incase though I'll be there on the 9th and the 13th, and please NO ONE TELL SWMBO.

Baldhead

I got a brochure through the door this morning and it says '10% off everything!*'

* Only available in store - excludes current offers

So doesn't look like it really is 10% off everything after all! To make matters worse the current 'offers' aren't that special, for example the special offers they have on certain Festool gear at present only bring them in line with other online retailers. Shame as I was looking forward to bagging a Kapex at a decent price. Still it will be handy to have a local store for the occasional purchase.

Just returned from the new store, it's not that big so theres not a lot of room between the machines, loads of staff and very helpful, they are still setting up some of the machines, I didn't buy anything, I will be there Friday or Saturday so I get my 10% discount.

Stew

I've just paid a visit to the new store and one of the staff confirmed that the 10% off does apply to everything without a red discount sticker, so all of the festool gear is included in the 10% off opening offer after all. Going to be an expensive weekend I suspect!

I called in while passing this morning and it was pretty quiet but bet it's busy at the weekend.
1st impressions is that it's smaller than I thought though packed with gear. Prices seem very high so worth checking on line before parting with hard earned even at 10% off.
There wasn't a lot of stock either with most of the smaller items having just a few on the racks though a sales guy said there was more coming in before the weekend.

Still, I'll be there :lol:

I had a discussion with the manager, I told him it would be stupid to by today (Monday) so I would see him Friday or Saturday, his reply was, "I wish I had a pound for everyone who's said that", I too think it will be busy, I only hope they have sufficient stock, as Bob said there were only one or two things of the smaller items.

Stew

Latest posts

Back