Axminster Machinery?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calpol

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some machinery in, at least a table saw and planer, so I'm looking for some feedback on Axminster's range... Any thoughts?

Thanks all

I love the way it just says 'buy' next to those eyebrows, that's hilarious!

So they're quite good then? 8)

Generally they are highly regarded. I guess it really depends on what your buying.

Decent machinery without costing the earth, be prepared to do a little fine tuning though, I have the AW10BSB2 254mm Saw Bench, 106 planer/thicknesser and the AW16BMST Bench Morticer, happy with all of them.

You really need to do it on a machine by machine basis really. There are other good companies out there that are cheaper than Axminster are at the moment.

Chems":1fh32mga said:
You really need to do it on a machine by machine basis really. There are other good companies out there that are cheaper than Axminster are at the moment.

...agreed, but not all of them will deliver heavy items straight into the workshop rather than leave a load of pallets in the road outside. I reckon that if you bought all your kit at the same time, you should be able to negotiate a 'once' only heavy delivery fee - Rob

woodbloke":cbvk78tk said:
..... I reckon that if you bought all your kit at the same time, you should be able to negotiate a 'once' only heavy delivery fee - Rob

Shouldn't that read 'includes free truss'?

I've got their small bandsaw, 6" planer and heavy-duty morticer - all pretty good although as others have said may need some fettling.

I echo what everyone else has said, I have the 4300 Bandsaw, 106PT2, ADE2200, Pillar Drill and Morticer all from Axi and I am happy with all of them. But as stated, they are all Chaiwanese and as such the manuals are basic at best, unintelligable at worst (although this is not too often the case in fairness), so be prepared to spend a little time to fettle them to optimum performance and do lots of reading and question asking on here on exactly how to go about this.

Once mine were set up they do everything I need and way more besides, and I don't think the fettling comment is an Axi thing, I think all tools regardless of price need a little tickle to get the best out of them.

HTH

Cheers

Mark

IMO
Customer service is excellent.
Far better than a lot of places.
don't forget that if you buy on price, and can't return you have a problem.,
MIKE

Yeah i have brought loads of machines from them, the best company in any field i have used for customer service

It,s good to be able to read reports like these, I've been pondering over buying a lathe, the AWVSL1000 seems to be o'k, now I can go ahead and order one (when they come in stock at the end of the month), unless anyone knows something bad about it, any comments???.
T.I.A.
pip

That's why I started this thread Pip, too many times you buy an 'own-brand' thing and it really is pants. Haven't really got any machines though so thought I'd see how they do...

Thanks everybody, big help :D

I intend to replace all my machinery in a couple of years and Axminster will be the first place I look at for most of it - Rob

These are the Axminster machines I have.

AW12BM Bench Morticer
CT1502 150mm Planer
CT330 330mm Thicknesser
AWEBDS610 Belt & Disc Sander
M950 Variable Speed Woodturning Lathe

Can't fault any of them really. However, they are a lot more expensive (Some new and others second hand) since I purchased them.
So worth shopping around, especially the second hand market. As a company, Axminster are great. and their customer service.....
Speechless. Never come across another company who looks after the customer like Axminster do.

Cheers,
Sam

Back