Axminster Hose Cuffs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonMuteham

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As part of my flat pack cyclone project I invested in some hose cuffs

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-10 ... rod577187/

and some clear hose from Axminster. I had ordered these products in the past (about a year ago) so was pretty confident at what to expect. However, the hose cuffs that arrived were threaded in the opposite direction to the hose and the previously ordered cuffs. I contacted Axminster, they checked the stock in the warehouse and confirmed that the thread was indeed the wrong way and no longer fitted their clear hose. Apparently they changed supplier at the beginning of the year and the cuffs will now only fit Numatic branded hose. Now to the strange part of this tale, the Axminster techy told me that they sell a lot of these cuffs and no one else had pointed out this problem until today. I find this quite hard to believe so, has any one else bought a hose cuff in the last 11 months? Did it fit correctly?

The cuff on the left is an old version, the right is the new.

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 67
Just thinking out loud but, is it possible to turn one of the old ones 'inside out'? I can't visualise it properly in my mind but, I wonder whether that might 'reverse' the thread, if it's possible?

I used to have something similar with a Record Power extractor. A good idea but, I found they became 'loose' over time and needed additional securing with duct tape.

Back