Axminster heavy duty delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

took 35 Days for my bench to get delivered to Aberdeenshire
but I wasn't in a hurry

Jim C

Thanks Dom

I am embarrassed to say I have been lurking for well over 2 years.
who knows one day I might even be able to contribute :shock:

I had an unfortunate experience with Axminster's Heavy Duty delivery of my AW106PT recently, although they did at first offer to deliver it within one week of purchase. Although, I am in Bristol; not far from Devon really.

Due to some balls up in the office, I received a phone call totally out-of-the-blue from the driver, telling me he'd be at my home within the hour. I questioned this but he informed me someone had phoned home and been given the green light. Yet, I was at work all day and no-one else was home (besides the dog...).

I assumed mum was home early, I knew she'd be back after lunch anyway. But I got home after 5 to find a 150kg lump had been left on my drive and there I was, with absolutely no way to move it.

Fortunately, one of our neighbour's came to my aid with a trolley. And after removing all the packaging and loading it on top, we were able to get it inside the garage and in the dry for the night.

I've e-mailed and had an apologetic response from the Axminster sales manager, although my hopes of them offering me a free set of blades or even a mobile base at no cost haven't amounted to anything and I'm guessing it's a little too late now to ask? :wink:

Still, she assured me it wouldn't happen again and I have no real qualms about buying from or reccomending them in the future. :D

I think the thing to remember is that negative feedback always goes into print more readily than positive feedback and while on the rare occasion things may have been a day late or there's been a piece missing, Axminsters response has always been spot on. I bought a Jet Supersaw from them via eBay as an end of line with no guarantee or warranty. When it arrived I had trouble with the fence so tentatively gave them a call. Their response...'no problem we'll send you a new fence'. Then next day it arrived and the saw itself was with me within a week. Even my father wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. He bought some odds and sods including a band saw blade for a small burgess band saw which snapped instantly on first use along the weld line. He rang Axminster and their response was to send him 5 for free. I've dealt with companies before that offer great customer service Axminster always seem to go one better. =D> Overall 9.9/10

It's great if Axminster themselves read the forum so if you are reading Axminster the only negatives are that your website search is useless and your 'sales' are a little disappointing. £10 off a £300 item won't make anyone rush to buy one.

Back