Axminster delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I am getting an Axminster delivery soon and would like to ask just how helpful are the delivery guy/guys. Should I try and have some help here with me (could be difficult as it's during work hours) Or will the driver help to get to shed.
Relative flat to get to shed from road over both concrete path and grass! With 1 tightish bend to get around and about an 8 inch step going into shed.

I have read in the past that it very much depends whether Axminster deliver, or a courier delivers on their behalf.

a courier is required to get the package to your front gate, anything other than that will most likely involve several beer tokens.

axminster will definitely be more helpful, but if there is a health risk such as carrying something heavy and awkward over wet grass and rough ground, the driver has a right to refuse if he feels he may be injured, because he will not be insured.

When Axminster delivered my lathe they asked me where I wanted it and trucked it right into my garage. Very friendly couple of guys who couldn't have been more helpful.

selectortone":7j482esb said:
When Axminster delivered my lathe they asked me where I wanted it and trucked it right into my garage. Very friendly couple of guys who couldn't have been more helpful.
Yep, if it's an Ax delivery, they'll drop it right where you want to use it - Rob

Thank you for the great info, I believe it is axminster heavy goods that is delivering. If so it sounds like I should be ok.

Get the chocolate biscuits in and the kettle on standby and you should be fine.
The last delivery I had was first thing in the morning and I made bacon butties, the guy couldn't have been more helpful

gwr":2z4w2zbd said:
Thank you for the great info, I believe it is axminster heavy goods that is delivering. If so it sounds like I should be ok.
You'll find the driver will come with a sack barrow which has big soft, squishy tyres. My big industrial bandsaw was carted from the road (on a hill), round the side of the house (three 90deg corners) across the patio, down two wonky steps near the pond and then up into the 'shop via two 200mm steps. The guys do this all the time and what was causing me to have kittens, he took in his stride, so you won't have any problems. Just be there to offer a guiding hand if it's asked for - Rob

Give Axi a ring if you are unsure. When I ordered 2 pieces of heavy gear the driver was very helpful.

John

On both occasions, the courier was insistent on doing everything himself and keeping me fully hands-off, mainly because he had a trolley thing for precisely this kind of shifting.

Back