Axminster bandsaw Good or bad buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be fine.
Remember that as with all bandsaws, once a blade has been used for curved cutting, it is less likely to cut well in a straight line.

If you are new to bandsawing,then you might want to get a set of DVDs on jigs and techniques from our very own Steve Maskery.

Bob

I've worked with one of these (unconventionally...) and they're rather solid and reliable, considering their size. Theirs more to this model than your average 14in bandsaw, that's for sure. Great price, too. :)

I got it home today, apart from just having to align the fence and table to get them spot on the saw is practically brand new. I even got 4 blades with it also, I'm well chuffed with it.

I cut 4 cubes out of pine against the fence and all 6 sides are spot on square and within 0.002" across any two sides, these saws are seriously impressive.

The table has been oiled and is in mint condition. Can you tell I'm pleased? :lol:

I have had one for 10+ years in fact it is painted in Axi Blue! Solid and reliable never had a problem yet.

Latest posts

Back