Axminster AWHBS250N Bandsaw - is it me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well folks I have finally had a chance to get in the workshop for a little while today and I have finally got to the bottom of the issue with the machine.

Firstly the pulley was set to low speed as other previous people have mentioned, also I went through everyone's suggestions, with respect to the pulley, motor, etc. and found a number of issues with the machine which I have now rectified.

Anyway got to the root cause which was that when the belt was under load the motor was being pulled, when I initially looked at the mounting bolts last week they were ok, however having run it and put some load on the motor it has moved slightly having vibrated loose on it's mounting bolts. DOH!!! (homer) This caused the motor to slip on the drive belt, resulting in no transfer of power to the saw blade.

However one of the things it has made me realise is that when they say it is ready straight out of the box it is a bit of an understatement as I have gone through every bit of the bandsaw now and i have noticed a number of different elements that need to be fettled, fixed or just need plain tightening up !! ...job for tomorrow :shock:

thanks for all your help as I now have a working bandsaw :D

rgds

Darren

rgds

Darren

Hi Darren,
I know you have already done some adjustments, but you might like to search for 'Record Power BS250 Bandsaw (Review)' and pick the entry which has 'jarviser' in the web address (I am new, so I think I am unable to post the full web address). It contains some useful tips.

It was researching bandsaws that brought me to this review of the Record version, and I ordered the one from Axminster after chatting with 'jarviser'. It does seem to be practically identical - but a later version than in his review.

The article also mentions what may be a better downloadable user manual.

Back