Axminster APF 10 Evolution Powered Respirator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use mine all the time whe doing any turning or sanding. I wear glasses and find that any other face mask system means that they steam up. The air flow system with this means that this is not the case any more. It offers an easy solution to eye and breathing protection in one go.

I find it easy and comfortable enough to use. The visor with a tear off protector on it does reduce the quality of your vision somewhat but not so much as to be a problem. Dust does get attracted to the outside of screen somewhat so an occasional vacuum to clear it during a long session works well.

I use earplugs when working as I have a large bag of them bought for use on my Harley. I don't have a problem with head band type ear defenders going over the bump cap but can see how others might. Axminster should perhaps offer an option for clip on ear defenders too?

Even when doing small amounts of modest dust creating work the filters show the evidence of what you otherwise would have breathed in. I see this as the minimum that all hobbyist workshop users should use regardless of how good their dust extraction system seems!

Back