AW10BSB2 Sliding attachment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycorleone

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm buying a new table saw I think I will go for the SIP 01332 which cost £473 delivered while the Axminster AW10BSB2 cost £634 delivered (there is diferent of £161). anybody have a clue for how much is posible to sell the Axminster Sliding attachment ? thanks

I am sure someone had one for sale on Ebay a while back and i believe they were from this site. I dont think it sold so it could be your lucky day.

Andy,
Hi im in the same boat as you just going through the purchase of a table saw, lokking at both the SIP 01332 (which i can get locally) and the Axminster AW10BSB2.
The SIP model DOES NOT have the sliding table as standard at the prices quoted around the £500 mark, whereas the Axminster @ 589.95 currently on offer DOES...and as i was qouted £279.00 for the sliding table for the SIP :shock:
so although i cant quite use the sliding table saw, in my shop at the moment, I chose the axminster, seeing it as the better deal, long term..

so summarising...

SIP 01332 @ £499.00 (no del charge, i can pickup) but a further £279.00 for the sliding carriage,
or Axminster AW10BSB2 @ 589.95 (+£45.00 del charge) but you have a complete saw, sliding carriage and all :D

hope this helps..

Thanks I know in long term the Axi is better deal but my problem is space at the moment I only have a 3 x 2.5 Garage. I was thinking going for a SIP and buy a Incra mitre Gauge or Buy and Axminster and sell the Sliding

Andy, know the feeling, space or lack of ..... :lol:
currently mine is a 10` x 8` shoebox...erm, i mean workshop :lol:

but it was the £279.00 for the SIP S/carriage that convinced me to buy the Axy...if i cant use it now, it isnt going to cost anymore to upgrade it 8) later...

*caution* i believe the sliding carriage on the Axy doesnt fit the SIP without mods to the table, Tony had sold one to a member IIRC, so he may be able to if thats the case.....limited resale potential????

My saw is due w/c 03/09 , i just have to shoehorn it into my shop...read box :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

You can take the sliding table off the Axy and look a likes quite easily but it is HEAVY!
Peter

Hey Finally I bought the SIP I'm very happy with it, I don't need the slidding table, I think a Quality mitre gauge will do all the acuarate cross cutting I neeD,

Back