DeWalt table saw from Workinger Ltd - anyone heard of this seller?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who has fallen for a scam is not stupid or thick , they certainly don’t deserve it or should of done better research-they are simply human unfortunate, unlucky , but it happens to 1,000,s of us every day all over the country and in every other country. I say this because I did something similar a few years back. Distracted by other issues around my own mental health I entered a competition to win a phone and of course I won . !!! A few pounds to register and wait for your new phone which of course- never arrives. Then still not content with nearly losing what little money I had fell for the - you have a parcel but you have not paid the postage scam . So twice in a couple of weeks . My bank prevented me from losing my money again -it’s easy to get sucked in but just learn from it . If the average price is £450 and you suddenly come across a company that is selling it for £200 simply stop and think? Why is it so cheap, compared to as @Spectric says the trusted sellers. Constructive help and advice will help those that have fallen for this or any other scam far more than “ I told you so “ 🙏🙏

Not much help for those living elsewhere but here in Bulgaria scams are much less successful.

Deliveries of goods are usually COD and made either by courier, with "open and inspect" available for a small additional prearranged fee, or by the company's own vehicles. The same applies to private second-hand sales. It's also not unheard of for the MD or other member of staff to drop the item off on their way home - the drawback there is that they usually need payment in cash.

If you buy a bulky item in person from a retailer you usually pay for it at the shop then, if you've plumped for quick delivery, rush home to get there before the delivery does. :D

Another mug here. Just dropped £200 on them for some bits. It's certainly a scam. The Number doesn't even exist after checking online. I've informed my bank. I bet they rake in thousands abd then just "poof" dissappear with our money. I feel such a daft sod.
Well..my bank dragged their feet with this (monzo) So I sent a nasty threatening email to the "company" and after about an hour the money magically appeared back in my account...no explanation email or apology or a reply to my previous emails but at least I got my dosh back..phew. Lesson learned.

Also been after the same DeWalt saw did my checks but didn't pull the trigger as no reviews. I did notice the lad who's director lived very close to the store so thought it might be legit but appears not now reviews are coming in.
I've seen this saw a lot cheaper in other countries so maybe it can be possible to get a far better price on it? I've also seen it for sale at smart home electronics a few quid cheaper again and although no reviews as yet,it appears to be owned by an eBay seller with 99.8 feedback called DSD tools....so it may just be legit? I'm still checking this one out though.
Failing that cheapest is 225pounds from memory is FFX.

Alistair.....
if ur really stretching ur budget it is poss to buy this saw from an outlet that sell returned as faulty.........
I've bought a few over the years..the worst thing was a slightly cracked switch box......

ALSO
to get more bang for ur £......how about one of these....flip / combination saw..DW743N..
bench saw one side and mitre saw the other and it's so easy to flip between the two....
comes with wheels n legs but could be used on a bench....
Plenty of used 240v models for a couple of hundred £'s and they are pretty much bomb proof.....wish I'd never sold mine ....
it was around 700 £'s b/new.....
Makita also make the same saw......loads'a money will get u a battery powered model......
Unknown-12.jpeg

Just a quick note to say Smarthomeelectronics.com is 100% a scam site also....Contacted DSD Trading Ltd today who alledgedly own the site, but have confirmed it nothing to do with them whatsoever.

Here is a suggestion that may save people some money, when you think you have found some great machine at some fantastic price then rather than hitting the buy it button why not just do a quick post on here and see what others think, often a fresh pair of eyes looking in might just be what is needed to highlight a scam and stop someone losing hard earned cash.

Anyone who has fallen for a scam is not stupid or thick
No one is saying that they are, but for some people the thought of getting a bargain does put the brakes on logical thinking and is something marketing companies will play on as well as the scammers. We all probably know someone who has brought something just because it is cheaper than the other day, but no matter if it is reduced from £50 to say £30 you have still spent £30 on something you may not even need and I know people with cupboards full of such "bargains" but never used. The way I look at it is that if they can knock of £20 and still make a profit then they are overcharging in the first place.

A bargain price is only a bargain if you need the item any way.
A mantra that can reinforce this is.

Will I use it.
Do I need it.
Can I afford it.

No to any one of them, then just walk away.

Only 3 years, but I will not be stamped, numbered, filled, indexed or assimilated.
I will resist all tool temptations, I will not conform,
I will not buy.
I might not buy
But then again, I'll just have a quick look 🤣😅🤣😅🤣😇😇😇😇

Here is a suggestion that may save people some money, when you think you have found some great machine at some fantastic price then rather than hitting the buy it button why not just do a quick post on here and see what others think, often a fresh pair of eyes looking in might just be what is needed to highlight a scam and stop someone losing hard earned cash.

No one is saying that they are, but for some people the thought of getting a bargain does put the brakes on logical thinking and is something marketing companies will play on as well as the scammers. We all probably know someone who has brought something just because it is cheaper than the other day, but no matter if it is reduced from £50 to say £30 you have still spent £30 on something you may not even need and I know people with cupboards full of such "bargains" but never used. The way I look at it is that if they can knock of £20 and still make a profit then they are overcharging in the first place.
I could of probably worded this better but anyone who has lost money this way wether it’s a few pounds or a few hundred or even worse will go through a phase of self blame and “ if only I had done this “ etc this can for some escalate into stress / anxiety etc so my post was just to say it happens to a lot of people who are keen to genuinely save money but get the item they want. I wasn’t implying that anyone on this forum would call a member thick or stupid so no offence intended. A good shout about posting ahead of buying because I know little about checking that a site is genuine and checking it’s a real company etc is totally beyond my comprehension. Some really smart folks here that are really clued up about such checks and would most likely expose these scams quite easily.

Well I did ost riot to buying, indeed that’s why I joined this site to ask that very question, has anyone heard of Workinger.

Unfortunately no one replied for a few days, and by the I had decided to go ahead…..

So no goods, some communication, but I should get my cash back cos I used my credit card.

But what I don’t understand is what “the seller” gets out of the scam - the CC company can pull the cash back, or in the case above the scammer gave it back???

Well I did ost riot to buying, indeed that’s why I joined this site to ask that very question, has anyone heard of Workinger.

Unfortunately no one replied for a few days, and by the I had decided to go ahead…..

So no goods, some communication, but I should get my cash back cos I used my credit card.

But what I don’t understand is what “the seller” gets out of the scam - the CC company can pull the cash back, or in the case above the scammer gave it back???

.......So, it's our fault for never having heard of this company and no one replying for two days?......But you decided to risk it anyway...?
When we did reply, you were advised by various members here, that it was highly likely to be a scam.....I would have thought, you would have cancelled the transaction straight away?

In my opinion and, possibly the Credit Card company as well, you have not applied due diligence and may well struggle to get a refund.

If you are fortunate enough to get your money back from the Credit Card company, they will be the ones out of pocket as the tool company will just disappear with all the money from fools like you.

I apologise to any other Forum members in advance who may be offended by my opinion, but i genuinely feel its such a sad indication of the society we live in today that so many people have this feeling of entitlement and that it's always " someone else's fault ".

Alistair.....
if ur really stretching ur budget it is poss to buy this saw from an outlet that sell returned as faulty.........
I've bought a few over the years..the worst thing was a slightly cracked switch box......

ALSO
to get more bang for ur £......how about one of these....flip / combination saw..DW743N..
bench saw one side and mitre saw the other and it's so easy to flip between the two....
comes with wheels n legs but could be used on a bench....
Plenty of used 240v models for a couple of hundred £'s and they are pretty much bomb proof.....wish I'd never sold mine ....
it was around 700 £'s b/new.....
Makita also make the same saw......loads'a money will get u a battery powered model......
View attachment 164956
I used to own an ELU flip saw up until twenty years ago. Avoid as it’s a compromise on both functions with limited capabilities on both sides.

.......So, it's our fault for never having heard of this company and no one replying for two days?......But you decided to risk it anyway...?
When we did reply, you were advised by various members here, that it was highly likely to be a scam.....I would have thought, you would have cancelled the transaction straight away?

In my opinion and, possibly the Credit Card company as well, you have not applied due diligence and may well struggle to get a refund.

If you are fortunate enough to get your money back from the Credit Card company, they will be the ones out of pocket as the tool company will just disappear with all the money from fools like you.

I apologise to any other Forum members in advance who may be offended by my opinion, but i genuinely feel its such a sad indication of the society we live in today that so many people have this feeling of entitlement and that it's always " someone else's fault ".
Fair comment.
Also life has become so fast, two days wait is now an eternity!!
Buying tools and stuff nowadays is almost become child like, think we all remember the tantrums and shouts of "...I want I want I want...." and "... I want it now....."
Well we reap what we sow.....!

I used to own an ELU flip saw up until twenty years ago. Avoid as it’s a compromise on both functions with limited capabilities on both sides.
Hi @hlvd - I agree, but also want to defend it out of nostalgia as if you probably know at the time there were no track saws then & mitre saws / site saws still cost the earth and were limited in choice - the Elu TGS flip saws were a mainstay of many carpenters working out of a van on site - I wasn't senior enough at the time to know the exact figures, but I suspect B&D / Elu probably must have sold a thousand or more?. Cheers. Nick

Latest posts

Back