automatic background music to a blog

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head clansman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know how to install automatic background music for a blog , so when the blog is first opened you see the blogs posts, then so as you browse the posts quietly playing in the back ground will be some easy listening instrumental music ? hc

head clansman":3167kyde said:
Hi

Does anyone know how to install automatic background music for a blog , so when the blog is first opened you see the blogs posts, then so as you browse the posts quietly playing in the back ground will be some easy listening instrumental music ? hc

I hope not!

Seriously, unless the music is relevant (for some reason) to the content, I wouldn't add music. A blog isn't a video.

If the person reading your blog wants music, they can use their computer (or a radio!) to provide music of their choice.

BugBear

As always, BB is RIGHT. Please don't do this. PLEASE!

Hi

BUGBEAR WROTE

I hope not!

Seriously, unless the music is relevant (for some reason) to the content,
:(

Different folks, Different strokes, I want the music to go with the title & theme of the blog , It's not intended to be a video show just a blog besides not every one has sound on there comps anyway . hc

Seriously Martin, if I open a link and it starts blurting out music, whatever it is, I close the site immediately. It's a real bugbear (;)) of mine. You will find many people feel the same. The best thing I can advise is that you offer a link to the music file and give people the option.

Oh and I'd say speakers on PC's are much more common place in the age of YouTube, Skype, etc, etc. Lots of people are using sound with their computers now,

I have to say that I'm with the others on this. Like Wizer, if I open a site (or even a page within a site) and music starts automatically it just annoys me and I switch off and go back to google for an alternative.

As you rightly say, it's a personal preference and if it's what you want then go for it. From a personal point of view, it's nice to hear that others share my views as I thought it was just one of those weird things that can infuriate an individual for no apparent reason.

Just think - Nobody will turn off the blog because it ISN'T playing music, but you may well lose viewers/followers if it is.

Just my thoughts! [/b]

Adding music to a blog is almost as bad as having a flash intro - just don't do it, you will turn people away in their droves.

I read your blog, and categorically say that I would no longer visit it if there was automatic music. If people want music while they read a blog, then they'll play it themselves, making it automatic is a really bad idea. I often read late at night and in bed and I hate it when I accidently stumble across a site that forces music on me.

hi

Colin wrote

I read your blog, and categorically say that I would no longer visit it if there was automatic music

wo'h, wo'h, hang on a minute chaps , I never said it would be on my woodworking forum, now did I? or indeed did i say it would be LINKED to this forum either ? I simply asked how it was done , seems like a lot of assumption being made here. hc

if only this was a poll topic so i could express my strong dislike for this idea in a chart format

DONT DO IT..... PLEASE

head clansman":2y66kca6 said:
hi

Colin wrote

I read your blog, and categorically say that I would no longer visit it if there was automatic music

wo'h, wo'h, hang on a minute chaps , I never said it would be on my woodworking forum, now did I? or indeed did i say it would be LINKED to this forum either ? I simply asked how it was done , seems like a lot of assumption being made here. hc

My apologies HC - been replying to stuff while trying to do my actual job, and just assumed - sorry mate.

If you want to do it, one of the easiest method would be with a discrete flash player - these also give the user the option to turn it off. You can easily find these by searching on google, there are hundreds of free ones about.

head clansman":3hn3uv0b said:

You asked about modifying a blog.

On this forum.

Given that the only blog you've ever mentioned on this forum is your WW blog, the assumption seems ... reasonable.

BugBear

I saw a Tom Fidgen video on the 'tube today. There was some screeching high pitched caterwauling accompanying the video...

Perishing awful. And the video didn't really explain very much. Just showed TF busy working on a dovetail, in a badly lit shop, and sprawled across the bench. I hope his book is better than the film! At least it won't have any music, other than that of my choosing! :lol:

John :)

I've seen a lot of woodworkers in America working in dark shops. Strange idea that.

Back