Aurora tonight

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tris

What am I doing here?
Reaction score
Finally got to see it

Attachments

• IMG_20240510_234613263.jpg
    IMG_20240510_234613263.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice one @Tris - where are you roughly? Edit ha sorry, your location is in profile - that's good as you are below me as I'm Midlands
despite having worked in Shetlands & Norway I've never seen it & it's just like one of those things I'd love to see
I've read about 2am is best in UK so a few more beers and I'm off into the garden in a bit to just look.

It's been pretty impressive here for an hour or so, didn't expect to see anything this far south.
The colours show up much better in the photos using night vision than with the naked eye.
Last time they were visible here was 25 years ago and I missed them then, so it's been a bit of a wait. Another thing off the bucket list

This reminds me of "Day of the Triffids" (a favorite book of my youth).

Don't look at the lights !!!!!

Cheers. Vann.

Cries...
We got the Southern Lights happening here in Australia (with people seeing them as far north as Mackay in central Queensland) and where I am in southern Qld- its 100% cloud cover and rain...
😭
(Mackay is 21.1S latitude, which in the northern hemisphere is literally in northern Africa...)
😲
This was posted from Victoria (most of NSW and Qld are covered in cloud)
1715428116727.png

New Zealand
1715428260201.png

Was in Tunbridge Wells last night, so wife drove me out to Groombridge to get away from the lights a little.
Hopefully will be good tonight and I will pop up to Beachy Head area.
1000011995.jpg

Back