Attaching drawer fronts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratter

Established Member
Reaction score
A question for the kitchen fitters.

What is the best way to attach drawer fronts to wooden kitchen drawers?

Is there any sort of plate or other adustable fixing available which will allow me to line up the drawer fronts neatly afterwards?

Double sided tape to position and then screw from the inside would be one option.

Cheers, Ed

I drill slightly oversized holes for the handles and attach the drawer fronts using the handle bolts only. This gives some adjustment. When I'm happy with the alignment I screw the fronts in place from the inside.

Cheers
Brad

Clamps where possible, blutac sometimes and even spots of super glue in the past - but now Brad mentions that approach, the next time I have screw on handles.........

Sadly I rarely use screw on handles

A good way I saw on a woodwork tv show was to use a hot melt glue gun to tack the drawer front on so you can then open the drawer and screw the front on from behind.

Well, lots of good ideas there - thanks to all.

Like the idea of the hot glue and then use the handle screws with enlarged holes

I usually shim and screw from the back but woodfit do make an insert for the back of a draw dront that has a "floating nut" in it and you use standard M4 handle screws.

Jason

Back