Area members

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevsf1

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to find members by area ?

I live in Newcastle and it seems to be the frozen North......... Just thought what an idea for local communication and possible sharing of info and tools. I have loads but I am sure there will be local members who need a moulding run etc etc

Cheers

You'd have to scan each members profile, which could take a while.
You could always post a note, which you have done, offering (or asking for) services

Nev's correct regarding any easily and meaningful display results, any such attempts are rendered more or less worthless by the fact that location field is not mandatory or verifiable.

By selecting the appropriate criteria in a member search it is possible to sort members by declared locations but it's of little practical use as there is no location field currently built into the Members listing which means results require manual manipulation to home in on the specific area of the alphabet...Like this.. which gives a pointer to those with Newcastle or similarly spelt locations.

Still not a lot of practical use as there is no field indication of recently active status.

MattRoberts":1e5ov0ro said:
Great idea, but it's dependent on people stating where they are. I'm near East Grinstead / Gatwick :)

I'm also near East Grinstead / Gatwick!

Just a slight word of caution. I've been on forums with members maps and some people do put their actual location (often this is based on google maps so can be very accurate) then think about things that we as users post "what tool did you buy today", photos of your workshop and then posts like "is anyone going to the D&M show? That adds up to someone knowing what tools you have, where they are and when you'll be out.

I'm not paranoid about Internet safety but it is just worth remembering. If you do use these sorts of forums then can I suggest that you don't set you destination as your house, maybe the local police station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back