Aqualisa Shower

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs6mra

Established Member
Reaction score
I know virtually nothing about power showers.
The MIL complained that her power shower was out of action and I went to investigate. There appears to be power going to the shower and a cable on the left attached to the shower unit in the loft. I pulled this cable gently only to find it came loose and I’m guessing it should be connected to the shower somewhere.
Is this correct?
The loose cable is the one in the first picture on the left

Attachments

• IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
There is a sticker on the cable. What does it say?

When you downloaded the instruction or installation manual and read it, what function did it assign to that cable?

It is possible that it is the data cable from the controller to the orange box. It is possible that rodents have chewed through it.

I hope it is possible to locate the other end, then it makes pulling the new one through considerably easier.

It didn’t occur to me to check the label but I will do as soon as I can get back there.
The thought of rodents chewing through it did cross my mind. But like I said earlier my knowledge is limited and I’ll have to investigate and determine where that cable was connected to assuming it was

Aqualisa showers often have a "remote" to start it before you get in, it’s possible that wire comes from that, or it could be the power of course.

There should be a plug on that cable it connects the handset (usually a circular illuminated disc on the riser rail) to the box in your photo, if it’s cut through close to the plug you’re going to struggle to reconnect it, probably easiest just to order up a new lead.

The cable is to connect the pump to the shower control, as @Doug B outlined, the cable should have an RJ45 plug on the both ends, normally sold in a preterminated 10 meter length, it just plug's in to the pump and the remote, if it has been damaged you might be able to re-plug it, if there is enough slack on the cable , might be a cheaper option knowing Aqualisa prices to buy a crimp tool and a few RJ45 plugs.
Surprised it came out it should be "trapped" in the cable grip in the pump housing.

the cable should have an RJ45 plug on the both ends

That also makes it easier of you had to pull a new cable as you can add the plug after the cable is pulled rather than fighting a bulky plug through a narrow space.

I fitted quite a few of these Aqualisa showers back in the day and the normal installation procedure was to install a conduit in the wall from the touch button up to the ceiling.
The idea being, that should that cable ever need to be replaced, it was a simple job to remove the existing cable and then just feed the new cable through.
Those replacement cables are readily available as a spare part....! 👍

Edit.
Some of these type of Aqualisa showers had the control buttons mounted on a chrome riser rail that also had the shower head mounted on it......In that case, the control cable runs inside the chrome riser rail and would be even easier to replace.

Here's an example.....

53954.jpg

Last edited:
I was just looking at the replacement cable and just to be clear Is the plug an RJ45 or RJ11? It’s hard to tell from the photos and there is nothing in the description.
They seem quite expensive as I have put together quite a few cables with RJ45s or possibly once or twice done ones with RJ11s

It didn’t occur to me to check the label but I will do as soon as I can get back there.
The thought of rodents chewing through it did cross my mind. But like I said earlier my knowledge is limited and I’ll have to investigate and determine where that cable was connected to assuming it was
Look on YouTube at Plumberparts.

He's a riot... but useful ifo nonetheless... with his ideas and products involved.

I have retrieved the cable which has 6 cores and I very much doubt it’s an RJ11
I was hoping to repair it but I might have to buy a new one

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpeg
    IMG_3467.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I have retrieved the cable which has 6 cores and I very much doubt it’s an RJ11
I was hoping to repair it but I might have to buy a new one

I'm fairly certain I have one of those control cables spare somewhere...!??
I'll see if i can find it and take a couple of pictures of each end and perhaps someone can then clarify the type of connector plug on each end.

Have you removed the original plug yet from the orange control box....?

Edit.
See pictures below.....It certainly looks like an RJ11 connector....👍

17088776060791855161776677616170.jpg
17088776654027381490172152713970.jpg
17088777837037281197015674844749.jpg
17088778708875086506776965664684.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I did a 'bush' fix with the cable where it was severed as a test and it worked a treat. The replacement should arrive today.
Thanks to you all.

Back