Anyone used Axminster Ali Sash cramps?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassbear81

Established Member
Reaction score
It says on the Axi site they are for light clamping, Does anyone have any, was wondering how much stick they will put up with?

Bassbear81":2500ywnn said:
It says on the Axi site they are for light clamping, Does anyone have any, was wondering how much stick they will put up with?

we've got two at work which we use for cramping up gates while the glue sets - i've never had a problem with them for that , but i suspect they would bow if you tried to use them to exert excessive pressure.

I've got the Machine Mart version and they take as much clamping force as I need to apply. Very handy they are too

I have 4 of the 1.2m ones I think it is. Unfortunatly over time they have all broken.

First thing to go was the end caps on the bar you turn, once these came off an were lost the bar constantly falls out, very annoying.

Next on a clamp up the soft ally was forced back in by the peg that stops the other end of the clamp moving so that hole is effectively knackered on one of them.

The head of one actually snapped off completely.

And the spring for the ratchet system on another pinged off never to be found.

All in all not a good buy really, but they served me well for a time. I think any clamp with the by line "light pressure" is a bit of a con as what classes as light pressure, I've never forced mine too hard. I'd get some of the record iron ones if I were you.

I've had these for years, they don't clamp straight, you'll need some clamping bars to help with that, but in terms of value for money and clamping pressure, I've yet to have one fail on me, and they are dirt cheap - I see no reason to go for expensive clamps - as long as you use clamping bars to keep the pressure on the panels even.

I have 4 of these in my shed, and they are alright for what I use them for, furniture making. I use Record sash clamps everyday at work, and they are heavy (downside) but they can clamp to an extreme amount of pressure!

As a very occasional poster I thought this might add to this thread: Axminster Offer - not ali?

I went looking to see what you guys were comparing and this deal dropped out. Happy Shopping!

PS:

Today 13/05/09 the choice gets even better Rutlandshave a set of 6 54" steel sash clamps on special for £60 inc vat. Oh and thats the clamping size (overall length 60" and they claim extremely high pressures and a life time guarantee.

Latest posts

Back