anyone seen one of these?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no - but wouldn't touch one with a bargepole!
chainsaws are dangerous enough to not want a cobbled together version only held in by a friction chuck!

Jesus, Mary and the Wee Donkey...the lobotomies are coming out in daylight now! That is just SO wrong!!! Reference 'finger-nail trimming' post elsewhere. This pointless, mis-begotten H&S nightmare is just utterly mad!

I don't doubt it would work, but for £60 there are many better options.

There has been for many months a similar device heavily advertised on Facebook - a platform I might add I maybe glance at once a week, and it looked lethal to me. I've taken so little notice of it I forget the product name but from memory it was a purpose built device as opposed to an add-on, but I suspect it's adding to the casualty waiting queues worldwide...

I agree with Artie. Probably would work but it's only a small (6"?) blade and probably underpowered at that - people drawn to something like that are unlikely to be using a high end trade drill. £60 is well into mains electric chainsaw territory with a bigger blade and a lot more grunt. If you really need cordless well for the kind of stuff that can undertake a handsaw is hardly going to be onerous.

You can get them for a tenner on banggood if you are feeling suitably risque.

Bloody stupid idea though

I don't doubt it would work, but for £60 there are many better options.
A £10 pruning saw for one. It's the sort of tool where the more you look at it, the worse it gets. "the product isn’t available in physical shops, only through the official website" probably because no reputable retailer wants the backlash when someone gets seriously hurt.

I have a Makita cordless reciprocating saw that probably performs as well, if not better. Also useful for metal cutting. Did cost a bit more than that, though, and I wouldn't have bought it had I not already had compatible batteries and charger.

Well they are certainly standing behind their product with it's 30-day guarantee. :ROFLMAO:

Back