Anyone live near Machynlleth??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Planning to take a holiday in the Dovey Valley near Machynlleth Wales next year.

Can anyone recommend a Touring Caravan park in that area?

Cheers

Roger

I live 8 miles from Machynlleth - and there is a caravan club site about 2 miles from me (between Llanbrynmair & Commins Coch just off the A470) :

The Caravan Club
Llanbrynmair SY19 7EB
01650 521 351
caravanclub.co.uk‎

Don't know what it's like though (or if you have to be a member of the Caravan club to use it).

Another alternative might be Ty Gwyn Campsite, Ynys Las, Borth which is run by some friends of mine and although it probably has less facilities than some places it's a lovely friendly site with gorgeous views and a short walk to the beach : http://ty-gwyn-camping.com/

tekno.mage":367iircd said:
I live 8 miles from Machynlleth - and there is a caravan club site about 2 miles from me (between Llanbrynmair & Commins Coch just off the A470) :

The Caravan Club
Llanbrynmair SY19 7EB
01650 521 351
caravanclub.co.uk‎

Don't know what it's like though (or if you have to be a member of the Caravan club to use it).

Another alternative might be Ty Gwyn Campsite, Ynys Las, Borth which is run by some friends of mine and although it probably has less facilities than some places it's a lovely friendly site with gorgeous views and a short walk to the beach : http://ty-gwyn-camping.com/

Thanks, your friends site looks fantastic but is further North than we were looking for - maybe time to join the caravan club again!

No recommendations on the accommodation, but if your over that way be sure to visit The Centre For Alternative Technology, I used to work there, it's a fantastic place to visit.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

Dodge":3txf1x24 said:
maybe time to join the caravan club again!

The only reason I'm in the Caravan Club is to gain access to their 'On Line' Certified Location sites of which there are many, and you may recall these are small sites located (usually) in quiet country and on farms. The 'official' CC sites are something I try to avoid :lol:

Losos wrote:

The 'official' CC sites are something I try to avoid

I fully agree!

www.rogerberwick.com

"Oh come on, Lads!" I fully agree that there are some right anoraks and stuffed shirts in the C.C., but the organisation is a godsend for those of us hard up through supporting university students and who live an expensive ferry ride away from even the first 25mm of mainland motorways. I have to pay £300 plus just to start driving on my hols. C.C. campsites allow me to use a trailer tent* (cheaper to move by ferry than a caravan) happy in the knowledge that the site facilities will overcome the restrictions in shower and 'usual offices' that the tent imposes. The sites of other organisations DO NOT measure up. I know, because I've tried them. It does grate when I get a pitch next door to a stuck up . or a crass nouveau riche, but they're in a minority; the vast majority of acquaintainces I've encountered have been straightforward, nice, helpful folks.

Sam

*Pennine Pullman 535

Back