Anyone interested in how to make a door or window......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are right neil, but i think what troubles all of us is the however well steve or others write and however detailed, the sub editor and the room available mean that all the information we might like, is not there.

the advantage of this forum is that we can get to see more detail, and ask questions that will get speedy answers rather than have to wait for months for a magazine reply. also this way we will get a number of viewpoints on the same details.

whatever we do. each of us has a different perspective, and so it is useful to get a wide range of ideas.

bring it on guys.

paul :wink:

Yes please......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have numerous sash windows to replace in my house and have just
been reading everything I can get my hands on to just begin to get my
head around it all - I have not eve thought about starting as it just all seems too daunting :shock:

Sash windows tutorial with pics would make my year!

Thankyou

J

Pleasing that there is so much interest in real woodwork and joinery - as distinct from the arty-crafty gift-ware end.
Nothing wrong of course with elaborately made little cabinets and boxes with expensive hardwood, secret mitre dovetails etc, but they get more exposure than they deserve IMHO when you look at the world of wood as a whole. And those incredibly thin turnings in spaltered this or that - seen one you seenem all!
Some sash window stuff on my site click the www below.

keep it up JFC :lol:

cheers
Jacob

Mr_Grimsdale":12zrlg7p said:
secret mitre dovetails etc, but they get more exposure than they deserve IMHO when you look at the world of wood as a whole.

cheers
Jacob

Meow! Nothing wrong with either Jacob, maybe you should try your experienced hand at such a thing - i'm sure we would all love to see what you can knock-up, you never know, you might enjoy it :) (no sarcasm in this btw, I would be genuinly interested).

But it will be interested to see exactly how these joinery jobs are done.

Latest posts

Back