Anyone interested in a Wadkin jointer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have this:

P1010029.jpg

Looking to swap or sell it. I don't have 3 phase or the time to refurbish it. A good size for the home workshop (about 1500 X 600 approx). Purrs away nicely.

The fence is covered in masking if you are wondering what it is. Everything seems to be in place. Has been fitted with Brookes Crompton NVR switch.

Plate for Scrit :D

P1010028.jpg

Hi Green,

If you were a bit nearer then I would be interested. It would go nicely with my Wadkin AGS table saw, an upgrade from the Multico planer that I am using.
But the cost of moving it best part of 400 miles and then fitting a single phase motor put it out of my reach. :(

Hi Dave

I am now having second thoughts and think I might just keep it.

Was it easy to convert your saw to single phase? I have seen motors and starters in machine mart for decent prices. Bear in mind I know absolutely nothing about electricity/motors/poles etc. (the mechanical side of things is not a problem).

I thought it would have generated a bit more interest. Not even Scrit has shown up. :cry:

Cheers

If you take a look here you can see my saw and the motor swap. Ask questions, I don't know all the answers but others here will help. 8)
I just realised its 2 1/2 years ago I bought the saw and changed the motor, must be enjoying myself as time has flown by. :D :roll:

Dave, I am going to keep it. Can I get this thread removed? I will no doubt start another one asking for help when I start the re-build.

BTW I might be able to get a Delta Unisaw from the same source. Lovely machine.

Green":1sstxexc said:
Dave, I am going to keep it.
Good, it will serve you well.

Can I get this thread removed?
Well I could do that but I know it has prompted other members to do things, I would like it left, maybe change the title?

I will no doubt start another one asking for help when I start the re-build.
Nothing less is expected, seeing a machine put back into use is always good and encourages others to save useful old kit.

BTW I might be able to get a Delta Unisaw from the same source. Lovely machine.
That will be a huge drive by.

From what I know and what I can see you should keep that machine. To swap the motor for a single phase should be no problem since it would not be more around 11/2 horse at most. Assuming no structural defects it would be a pleasant , rewarding project to strip , clean, replace bearings, spray paint. They don't make them like this for peanuts. You would have a solid accurate machine of industrial quality-and when you are old and done it will have value....

Back