Wadkin or record power

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tadge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i have a record power ts315 single phase but looking at wadkin ags10.

The record has a sliding rail but no slot in the cast iron bed so cant make sled etc. It cuts 1200 easily but the sliding section i don't use. With siding section the blade is approx 200mm from blade.

The wadkin is 3 phase (i have this so no issue) heavier duty but no dust extraction as such. No motor brake and max cut is 600 ish. But jas 2 x slots and blade in middle

This is for a commercial workshop so wondering if it is worth changing to the Wadkin. While the wadkin is heavier the record has the safety features.
Will i regret changing to the wadkin?
Any thoughts.
Thanks
Ian

Is the Wadkin really an option if it doesn’t have the safety features in a commercial setting?

Aidan

Yes in some ways the Wadkin is a better saw but in my opinion a sled is a poor mans sliding table.

Think about it, if a sled was a good, safe idea all the manufacturers would be making them but I don't know of any that are commercially available. Sleds are for Youtubers and diy in your garage, not for professional shops, there are generally better ways of making the cut than using a sled.

Google "Fritz and Franz jig", make yourself one and start using that slider :)

Is the Wadkin really an option if it doesn’t have the safety features in a commercial setting?

Aidan
Yep suppose not. Just thinking wadkin is quality and will last years. Perhaps not the right thing without the safety features. Cheers

Yes in some ways the Wadkin is a better saw but in my opinion a sled is a poor mans sliding table.

Think about it, if a sled was a good, safe idea all the manufacturers would be making them but I don't know of any that are commercially available. Sleds are for Youtubers and diy in your garage, not for professional shops, there are generally better ways of making the cut than using a sled.

Google "Fritz and Franz jig", make yourself one and start using that slider :)
Thanks i will look those up.

Back