Anyone got/tried Parker table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seb Palmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After making several 'quick n dirty' table-saws, whenever I need to make certain cuts, and then disassembling, I've decided I need a 'real' one. Can't find a cheap/affordable used one near me, and the Aldi Workzone one appears to be unavailable at present.

Has anyone here tried one of these: https://www.parkerbrand.co.uk/10-table-saw.html ? And if so, what's the verdict? The #1 issue for me, alas, is budget. Also space: tiny workshop!

Regards,

Sebastian

Personally, I would never touch a tablesaw that only costs a hundred quid. You're talking about a device that spins at thousands of rpm and can take your wrist off in a second.

That aside, for anything less than about £600 you're probably guaranteed to have a table vs that is aluminium or pressed steel and not flat, a fence that is nigh on useless and sub-par quality motor & components.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if you really want a tablesaw that you're not going to be disappointed in, it's worth saving up more money.

An alternative is to look at getting a half decent track saw - they can do the majority of what a tablesaw can do, but you get more bang for your buck

P. S. That is most definitely not a 'real' tablesaw ;)

I've had the same saw by titan from screwfix and its complete garbage, even for rough cutting.
I would avoid like the plage and purchase a second hand site saw from dewalt, makita or bosch.
I recommended a site saw because of the small foot print and their weight, they are very light weight.
I can easily carry my Dewalt DW745 for long distances.

Sebastian

I know nothing about the Parker tablesaw but I can fully appreciate the lack of space for a "proper" tablesaw!

If you can stretch to £400ish, you can get one of these portable DeWalt table saws > https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEWALT-DW745-C ... dewalt+745

I have the slightly bigger version (7491) and it's a brilliant bit of kit I own, best tool I have.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps I ought to post some pics of my 'quick n dirty' homemade table saws? Maybe then people might think that even a super-cheap table saw would be an improvement!?

Anyway, the biggest constraint is money, of rather lack thereof. I'd love to get the DeWalt jobsite saw; looks great (& lots of positive reviews). But I simply don't have even £50, never mind £400. A £100 table saw would be an extravagant indulgence for me right now! Ideally I'd like to get one via Freecycle - I've had tons of stuff that way, but not many power tools! - so that seems unlikely.

I bought a cheap mitre saw (£20) off a gumtree seller today, as a temporary replacement for my Rage3-S, which died on me. So that's £20 less available for a table saw :-/

Looks like it's the cable-tied 'skill-saw' under a plywood board clamped to two workmates for the foreseeable!

I've spent months trying to get a decent table saw at a realistic price. The two are mutually incompatible.

A cheap table saw will look better than your own lash up, but its going to cut to the same standard.

If you are using construction timber on a building site, that will be ok. If you want precision to make furniture or even (in my case) trinket boxes, put your money in a piggy bank till you have £500, which even then is a starting price.

Back