Anyone got a camcorder that uses Digital8 tapes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste_5150

Established Member
Reaction score
Our camcorder just broke and we're going to upgrade to a newer medium with new one (when we buy one!), but we've got the problem of getting all of the old stuff onto VHS or DVD to deal with. Does anyone local enough to Wrexham/Chester area have a working Digital 8 camcorder we could borrow for a day to just run all those tapes off? The other potion I could think of was to pick up a second hand one and sell it on, but they're a bit pricey second hand and I don't know if we'll be able to sell it on once we're done with it (wouldn't imagine demand's that high).

Definitely a long shot, but it's worth asking!

If it had been two weeks ago you could have borrowed mine whilst we were visiting relatives in Liverpool - if you don't get sorted by Easter then we might be over then as well.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil, that's very kind - I will look you up again if we get to that point and are still stuck.

Mark, Mini DV were the next generation following the Digital 8 ones unfortunately. Again, thanks very much for the kind offer.

I suppose the backing up process used on the computers should've been extended to the camcorder tapes really, but that's not my department!! Excessive photo taking and video recording is taken care of by 'The Boss'. The little one's first Christmas and everything are on there though, so it's become my problem now!

Thanks again for your responses guys.

Back