Anybody made a skateboard?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best way to make a former if you can't get one machined is to take an impression from a skate board using GRP then back fill with concrete containing polyprop fibres, 3-1 mix.

shannyla":1qrjztgb said:
jimi43":1qrjztgb said:
If you get some thin ply you can then laminate it around a former which would give the tail kick-up and leave the rest flat....it's not much of a former

I'm going to assume you haven't seen a skateboard since the seventies.. :wink:

Camber and rocker are quite important to register your feet when skating. At one point in the nineties the shapes got incredibly complex and refined, before becoming much simpler again, but they are definitely not flat with a kicktail.

You assume correctly! I often nearly get hit by the oiks who frequent shopping malls with them though! :wink:

I should have known that they would have developed stealth properties in the intervening years....but isn't this a simple school project....?

The only carbon fibre there was around when I was a kid was the benefit you got from chewing a pencil!

:D

Jim

I guess the problem will be when they all want their own profiles... 16 x formers :-k :sick:

As others have said , 7 ply maple is what all pro skateboards are made from , myself and some friends made a few back in the early 90s using 2 formers and lots of clamps , they were quite successfull if i remember right .

Modern boards are all about concaves and reverse concaves through the truck section with nose and tail looking almost similar in upwards curve .

If the boards have no concave at all then the students may well just cast them in the first bin they pass , fashion is everything to kids as we all know :lol: :lol:

Back