Any thoughts on this router table ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Trigs,

I think I might find something like this frustrating. It might be just as well to make one, there are loads of examples on line from the basic to the "pimp my router table"

this is pretty new out. if you do a search on rutlands router table, and restrict it to the last couple of months or so, there were at least 2 discussions on ir. I think one was post purchase too.

marcros":3g8qywie said:
this is pretty new out. if you do a search on rutlands router table, and restrict it to the last couple of months or so, there were at least 2 discussions on ir. I think one was post purchase too.

cheers found it. strangely though I've just picked up a Trend T11 and charnwood router table for a £100

http://www.charnwood.net/shop/product/f ... l-1?cid=61

Wow this seems like a great deal.
It doesn't say anything about measurements though, anyone know any specifics? Also what about the fence? any ideas on size?

I think I might go for this deal.
I was thinking about making my own large router table however with this option I can just add this top to a larger top like a template all together.

I'm not quite sure about the quality, however with the motor + the fence + the dust extraction + the featherboards + the lift it seems like a really good deal..

if you have the space and a bit more money, i would go for:

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/pp+woodworkin ... les+c10100
and a normal 1/2" router.

If you can stretch to it, the triton gets good reviews, but i appreciate it is a chunk more money.

That way, you will have a better setup, can use the router off the table if need be, and will save having to make something larger at a later date. You can make feather boards easily enough from what i have seen on youtube- I actually need to do so this week, so will report back. Even if you had to add a secondhand router to it, you would have something much better than the all in one thing that you WILL want to upgrade within a year!

You seem to get a lot for your £150 with this setup, but it will be evident when you get it that it is probably rubbish.

marcros":3gqj9lj3 said:
if you have the space and a bit more money, i would go for:

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/pp+woodworkin ... les+c10100
and a normal 1/2" router.

If you can stretch to it, the triton gets good reviews, but i appreciate it is a chunk more money.

That way, you will have a better setup, can use the router off the table if need be, and will save having to make something larger at a later date. You can make feather boards easily enough from what i have seen on youtube- I actually need to do so this week, so will report back. Even if you had to add a secondhand router to it, you would have something much better than the all in one thing that you WILL want to upgrade within a year!

You seem to get a lot for your £150 with this setup, but it will be evident when you get it that it is probably rubbish.

+1, or even make your own and add the Triton.

Cheers

Mike

router tables are ridiculously easy to make - I am a klutz with woodwork, and even I managed! Spend your cash on something else!

Latest posts

Back