Any recommends for power take off vacumes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Established Member
Reaction score
My old (well not that old) Alto looks like it's giving up the ghost.

Wondering what's recommended.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Festool a bit pricy by the time I add basic accessories and sadly the Titan's take off is a bit small. Will look out for the Parkside next time I am in Lidl

Had a look at a few and think I would like the following
At least 15litre capacity.
Tools to be able clean the floor
Big enough take off to run my 1850 watt Elu router (can't see me needing bigger than that)
Run bagless?

Didn't realise there was more than one option???

Oh I suppose festool do make different models :D

They are expensive for a reason, there damn good. I was working with someone this summer, I won't say cowboy but I won't say carpenter either in between, he had a lidl special and compared to my festool midi there was a huge difference!

Adidat

I have two Festools and a Karcher model that I had before the Festools. The Karcher one was about £85 on offer and it has a good capacity, works well and the suction is great, the only downside is that there is no facility to turn the suction down (although this can be done by making an air hole somewhere in the suction line that can be closed off), this can be useful if using the vacuum to collect dust from portable sanders.

The Lidl Parkside vac seems good but the power take off is 1400 or 1450w (I can't remember which). I find it good and useful and comes with a good selection of accessories.

Misterfish

Bought one of these a week ago. I bought mine from Argos as I needed it immediately but they don't seem to have one on the site when I search now....very queer.
I use it for work and have done so every day for the last week. Large volume, not too heavy, long hose, and great suction, even with a blocked filter. The lid clasps are good quality and easy to undo and re fasten quickly. 30 Litre stainless drum for wet applications. It also has the blower option which I find useful for getting rid of remaining dust after clean up when working outside. It doesn't run on after the tool trigger is released, which I'm happy with. My last one would run on for about 15 seconds.
Not sure what the power take off limit is, but it works fine with my track saw and hand power planer.
Only had it a week, but highly recommended. Mine was about the same price as this one on Ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/36140297 ... ue&ff13=80

EDIT: it does run on for about 5 seconds and the power take off limit is 1400W.

I think you are going to struggle to find one in your price range with a power take off that handles your router.

The Titan's is one of the better ones at 1600w. I run my TS200 table saw, Axy 250 bandsaw and 1500w router off mine, and it's fine with those.

Maybe just get a remote control power socket, and run the router off that instead? Aldi are doing them at the moment...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could put my hand in my pocket and spend Festool money but not doing much work at the moment so seems a waste.

Looks like it's a cheapy or Festool. No recomends for anything in between?

The Einhell seems to be the Parkside in different team colours. Same layout, same clips, etc.

If you have the patience, strip down and clean your existing one, esp. all filters and the impellor (the motor-driven air pump). Mine have all failed because the motor overheated, or the impellor got so gummed up that it went out of balance and the bearings failed (and the motor overheated).

Numatics are all pretty good apart from the cheapest ones, and spares are cheap and easy to get, because they're made in Somerset. Axminster sell their woody range, but you'll get them from any pro vacuum supplier too.

If you can, avoid using them bagless, or keep several filters so you can quickly rotate them in. When the filter clogs, the motor overheats. Avoid the wet use too, as the motors are NOT waterproof normally, and if the float doesn't operate properly you risk the machine and/or electrical danger as they tend to be "double insulated" which only means no earth. And then there's the slurry to deal with afterwards, and get out of the machine - best thought of as an absolute last resort unless dedicated to wet use only, with shorter life.

I bet the Festool ones are quieter and better in every way, but you are paying up front for that, and in running costs.

I use a Draper WDV1400, don't think you can get that model now but there may be an equivalent. Use it with my Trend T10, bagless - if you don't count the nylon filter bag that's in there.

Eric The Viking":3asi8jls said:
The Einhell seems to be the Parkside in different team colours. Same layout, same clips, etc.

If you have the patience, strip down and clean your existing one, esp. all filters and the impellor (the motor-driven air pump). Mine have all failed because the motor overheated, or the impellor got so gummed up that it went out of balance and the bearings failed (and the motor overheated).

Numatics are all pretty good apart from the cheapest ones, and spares are cheap and easy to get, because they're made in Somerset. Axminster sell their woody range, but you'll get them from any pro vacuum supplier too.

If you can, avoid using them bagless, or keep several filters so you can quickly rotate them in. When the filter clogs, the motor overheats. Avoid the wet use too, as the motors are NOT waterproof normally, and if the float doesn't operate properly you risk the machine and/or electrical danger as they tend to be "double insulated" which only means no earth. And then there's the slurry to deal with afterwards, and get out of the machine - best thought of as an absolute last resort unless dedicated to wet use only, with shorter life.

I bet the Festool ones are quieter and better in every way, but you are paying up front for that, and in running costs.

Stripped it down and the problem is the on/off switch and looks like Machine mart can get the part hooray. Still needs a new hose but having seen the price of quality machines looks like it's worth the hassle to get this one fixed.

Thanks all

PS. might be back as they have not yet tracked down the part

I bought a Nilfisk Aero from screwfix and it's been great so far. I think the take off has quite a high rating. You can reduce the suction by moving a sliding sleeve and you can also swap the hose over to give a useful blow function. Bags if you want to use them are about a fiver for four at screwfix. I paid about £115 on offer but I think they are about £150 at the moment.

As others have said getting one with a power take off capable of running your router will be prohibitive unless you buy an expensive one.
If you can accept a lower power take off then i really rate the lidl one, its worked great and the hose fortunately fits straight into most hand held power tools I own so no need to mess about with loads of adapters which is a great relief.

Parkside is doing my job, but I am a light user. I use it mostly with the Parkside track saw.

Real snob aint I

Back