Any recommends for power take off vacumes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just done a quick websearch, the Draper 48499 looks like an equivalent to mine and it's power tool socket is rated at 2200W. Priced at <£200 at the site I found. NB Not a recommendation since I've not used this model, but I am pleased with my Draper

Eric The Viking":1rej9ldi said:
Nilfisk had an excellent reputation as industrial-quality machines.

They've been overtaken in market share, I believe, by Numatic, but still ought to be very good.

Given the choice I would take a Numatic over a Nilfisk from my limited experience but never looked at the expensive Nilfisk kit. Use an industrial Numatic (beefed up Henry) in the home and it just works as you would hope. The Alto Nilfisk in the workshop is a bit flimsy by comparison.

Nilfisk have been making industrial cleaning equipment for over 100 years now so I suspect it's just a matter of selecting the correct range of equipment from which to choose. They also appear to make Vacuum cleaners for other very well known brands judging by the identical appearance of them apart from "brand" colour schemes.

Nilfisk advance dominated the industrial market but the older Danish made stuff got too expensive so they bought CFM Italy for the big stuff and Alto-Wap for the smaller stuff
They sell a bewildering array of stuff from plastic tat to 3 phase monsters. The IVB , Attix and Aero are good - a lot of power tool brands private label them
Festool - own several older Alto-Wap SR machines very good , used some CTs, seem good also
Numatic - used lots and hate them
I haven't used Starmix (mafell,metabo) Karcher (bosch) IPC-soteco (trend,dynabrade,nederman) so won't comment on them
Matt

Hi Beau

You're probably all sorted now but in case it helps I bought a Karcher WD3.4D (working off memory!) from the Karcher Outlet store

http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products ... GwodJGYAAA

It runs my Elu177E okay plus the sliding mitre saw, TS55 etc. It's been really reliable and has taken fairly heavy use. My only complaint was the extraction hose which was stiff and unwieldy. I replaced this with Festool non-anti static hose from N&Bs and it's working well.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Nilfisk. I have an old Wap Aero 820 orsomethingorother and can't fault it. Bags are hard to find now. Last lot came from Amazon Germany.

how about this festool one,, it has the same specs as the more expensive models but you cant clip systainers to it,, if that doesn't bother you then.. it has a 2400w power take off so could handle all most jobs no problem

http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-ct-1 ... tor-506016

Technical data
Power consumption 400 - 1200 W
Airflow max. 3700 l/min
Max. vacuum 24000 Pa
Filter surface area 4600 cm²
Power cord 5.5 m
Container/Filter bag capacity 17/17 l
Dimensions (L x W x H) 445 x 380 x 485 mm
Max. appliance socket connected load 2400 W
weight 9.4 kg

Beau":149aqabw said:
I could put my hand in my pocket and spend Festool money but not doing much work at the moment so seems a waste.

Looks like it's a cheapy or Festool. No recomends for anything in between?

I'm probably coming in too late but My Festool midi is v good. Variable suction, you can get all sorts of tools and the power take off will cope with my 2500W saw, which often knocks out 3KVA transformers. It's also very quiet. I think ITS have it cheap (cheap for Festool) at the moment. Most tools will not meet your expectations, Festool generally exceed them, but you have to pay!!! :cry:

Thanks all

Parts for the old Alto/Nilfisk turned up and it's back into service. Pretty impressed with Alto service which went through Machine Mart. Had in stock an individual switch for what's probably a 10 year old machine. When it dies will probably splash out on the Festool Midi as it gets so much good press from everyone I have spoken to.

If you use bags (recommended by some) it's worth saying the Festool bags are 4X the price of the Nilfisk ones.

I have been using the midi reusable bag from eBay (£20 I think) for about 18 months, I had to glue the cardboard back down. Some sites I have emptied it daily!

Cheers Bodgers. Picked one up on the way home from work today. Only two left!

No idea. Tbh for my needs I'll just turn it on when i use it if necessary. Good call and I can check tomorrow for the sake of others but I'm not personally to fussed. Stage 1 for me. When I get a p/t i always figured I'd need an extractor anyway. In the meantime lidlsldo. Im mr smalltime. :D

Cheers
Chris

Back