Any interest in a DVD blog?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in reading a blog about the DVD production?

• Yes, avidly, my life would be made complete!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionally, perhaps, when I've got nothing better to do.

• No thanks, I have a life already and suggest you get one too..

• Total voters

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Next month it will be ten years since my first article appeared in Good Woodworking, and over that time I have amassed loads of material. Some of the early furniture projects look a bit dated now, but most of the stuff on jigs and techniques is pretty timeless. So I thought I'd produce a series of DVDs aimed at the home woodworker hobbyist with more ambition than cash, more aspiration than space. In other words, people like me!

I do have a running order for the series, but only the first two have any flesh on the skeleton yet. But filming has started, we shot the opening sequence yesterday. Mind you, given that I'll probably be using Take 32 (yes, really) I'm not sure when the job will be finished! I hope to have a finished product available in the spring, but this is new to me and the cameraman, so I just hope we get faster at it quickly!

So my question is this. Would anyone be interested in reading a blog about the production? I'm happy to do it if it would be read, but don't want to waste my time if it is of no interest to anyone.

That would be great, Steve. I would read it (always knew there was something missing from my life :roll: ) :wink:

Paul

I would certainly be interested in reading that sort of blog.

Would you intend posting it on your site? or a new blog section on this site?

Cheers,
John.

Hello Steve,

I think it's a great idea. I welcome anything that educates. Making a DVD (series) is something I wish more professionals would do. When will they be for sale ? Don't worry about the out-takes, I bet even Norm has a home made cupboard full

Regards
John McM

Hi all

I'd just like you to noe that I corected steve's spellen. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

PS Sorry Steve, it was too good an opportunity to miss. :wink:

I wasn't a speeling mistqke, it was a tyop..... :oops: Thanks Neil :)

John -
I think it will be best if I use a Blog site. They are geared up for it and it will save me falling foul of the mods here using this site to promote a commercial venture. I'll just put a link to it in my signature, so no-one will have to see it if they don't want to do so.

John McM
I hope to have the first available by spring and the second by the summer. I'll probably wait to see how the first one goes before I put resources much beyond the second. On the other hand, if the first is very successful, I don't want to lose momentum. I don't expect to become rich, but it would be nice if I recovered my costs in a reasonably short period of time (i.e. before I die). I don't have anyone to pass my skills onto, and this would be a way of doing so. I do know that my jig articles in GW are popular, so I'm hoping that there is a market for these. I had a very nice chat with David Charlesworth (thanks David, very generous of you) and one or two people in the publishing world, and I'm happy that I'm not wasting my time. So we'll just have to see. Key to its success will be reaching the US market, I think.

Thank you all for your support. I'm quite excited!

Steve Maskery":22ft6a8f said:
Key to its success will be reaching the US market, I think.

We've already seen how much you dress like Norm, so you may as well be halfway there already! :wink:

However, I expect to see all guards in place and at all times. And remember, don't forget those *tap, tap, tap* safety glasses.

Best of luck though, seriously. You seem to come up with a jig for everything and I certainly can't say I've seen even half of them in any of the many woodworking books I've read.

Oswaldo!":5p0x5w0k said:
We've already seen how much you dress like Norm.

I'm mortally wounded! Do I dress like Norm? Usually I wear just a T-shirt, but it's true I do have a red checkered shirt I wear when it is cold.

Actually the dress code is Rugby Shirt this season.

Wardrobe! Wardrobe!

I'll be in my trailer.

Great idea Steve, I'd certainly read the blog as well as look forward to the completed DVD.

Mark

Sounds good to me ..

As an aside, I think a cool idea would be a video podcast, perhaps even with contributions from other forum members, maybe covering some of the tutorials at the get togethers?

Latest posts

Back