Anti-seize compound

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argonaut

Established Member
Reaction score
Going to be assembling a new gravity smoker. (Think auto feed charcoal BBQ)
Been suggested to use anti-seize compound on the various screws & bolts.
They are typically M4 Steel black painted machine screws.

Any suggestions for an anti-seize paste /thread dip.

Cooper Greases on them.
I have an outside BBQ, when I assembled it 30 years ago i used Cooper grease.

This year, when it finally gave up the ghost, the fixings all came out.

Copa Slip was my go to anti seize when I fixed my own cars back in the 70s, still did until about 10 years ago. You can still buy it, a toothpaste tube size is relatively inexpensive and you might not need much.

Going to be assembling a new gravity smoker. (Think auto feed charcoal BBQ)
Been suggested to use anti-seize compound on the various screws & bolts.
They are typically M4 Steel black painted machine screws.

Any suggestions for an anti-seize paste /thread dip.
Copperslip(grease) works every time and heat resistant. We used it at work all the time even for large bolts in construction. Car diy shop will have it in tubes.

Or Copper Ease. When I used to work on offshore oil exploration rigs, as a Geologist from the 70's to the 90's, the drilling operation used a substance called Pipe Dope on the threaded parts of the dill pipe. I managed to 'half-inch' a small glass vial of the stuff, which is still knocking around somewhere., although it is probably congealed by now. Good stuff if you can get it!

Pipe dope - Wikipedia

Pipe dopes used in oil drilling frequently include powdered graphite, lead and zinc, and sometimes copper suspended in grease. In the past, nickel, talc, silica, calcium carbonate and clay have been included. Heavy metals make up to 25% of the volume of the dope. Silicone is included to improve application to wet or cold surfaces. [7] [8]

Back