Another mystery tool, maybe not so mysterious!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpenteire2009

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I found this recently in an old drawer, I suspect it may be a tool for lifting manhole/ AJ covers? It's stamped "Made in England", measures approx. 9" long overall, shank has a diameter of approx. 1/4" or 6.35mm. Am I right?
20240107_133759.jpg

To blunt for spike hooking meat.
I'd go with tent peg puller or an awning puller.

Probably a bit too blunt for a "dockers hook".
Edit, Most likely a spring stretcher for upholstery as previously mentioned.

I’ve seen something similar used in the meat preparation industry but I could be mistaken .. definately wouldn’t last long with manholes ..
Hi, there is something similar used in the meat industry for pulling carcasses around, usually quarters of beef, but they are stainless steel ( or the ones I saw were )
This isn’t one of those.

I’ve seen something similar used in the meat preparation industry but I could be mistaken .. definately wouldn’t last long with manholes ..
Definitely not a meat hook, either by size nor orientation- hand held meat hooks used in the meat industry are 90 deg rotated to the handle too

I vote for a boot puller. I have two for pulling on riding boots which do not have a zip or buttons and are a tight fit. Tabs at each side of the boot near the top. Of course one needs a groom to help get them off :)

Latest posts

Back