Another dust extractor question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martlewis":wzbwe72g said:
Where does everyone buy their ducting and what do you use? Have seen aluminium spiral ducting but I was also thinking pvc? Any suggestions?
You can use spiral tube(metal) from CCL or you can use waste pipe but it is not standard diameter for most of the blastgates etc. Waste pipe is 110mm or 160mm where as the standard is 100mm or 150mm.
I used waste pipe and modified the diameter at the blasgates like this
Barry
PipeWork8.jpg

SIP dust extractor arrived today and is now put together. Not sure why they include 2 allen keys in with the bolts tho. If anyone knows why they are there I'm curious?

It does include 2 sets of bags. This extractor will be in an extension on the side of the shop vented to outside so fine dust isn't really a problem, higher airflow would be better.

Should I use the 5micron felt bag and the plastic bag, or should I use the 2 35micron fabric bags to achieve highest airflow?

martlewis":shj9do2n said:
...snip..
Should I use the 5micron felt bag and the plastic bag, or should I use the 2 35micron fabric bags to achieve highest airflow?

If mounted outside the work area and in such a position that any vents (at ground level) are not a hazard to other people then I would go for the solution that gives you maximum flow.

I use Swan Neck ducting - which Aximster call "Stay put" ducting.

Axminster prices are outragours compared to the supplier I have .

4in (100mm) by 5M comes out at £65
6in (150mm) by 5M comes out at £100

Axminster for reference charge £20 for 1M of 4in and cannot supply 6in currently.

Picture to follow - currently being uploaded

Can you please provide the contact details for your supplier when you upload the pictures.

Have always fancied some of that stuff for the lathe and bandsaw but refused to spend those kinds of sums of money for it, always feeling it was extortionate for the product involved, so interested in an alternative supplier.

Wouldn't need 5m though, do you know if they do shorter lengths or is 5m a minimum order ?

Cheers, Paul. :D

Back