Another bargain from Rutlands!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-G

Established Member
Reaction score
Not strictly 'Turning' -- though segmented item turners would benefit -- I've been looking at Sliding Compound Mitre Saws recently since I will need one to build my new workshop and I'd settled on the Metabo KGS216M due to the 40 tooth blade, 1500W motor and 305mm x 65mm capacity. I nearly placed an order with 'Toolstop' last Friday but they had upped the price by £10 so I resisted.

Imagine my delight today when I had an e-mail from Rutlands offering a similar machine with 305 x 78 capacity, 60 tooth blade and 1600W motor at £20 less AND 5% off for spending over £100 on line and 10% off because it's 'SUMMER' and free delivery!!

So what could have cost me £180 last Friday has cost me £128 today :D :D :D :D

theartfulbodger":3c0ym2rw said:
That's it.
I didn't think to post the URL - too intent on passing on the 'heads up' :oops:
I did have a small concern that it was missing the work support and clamp but that is mentioned in the description.

Nice discount compared to rrp of 250!
I'm seldom swayed by 'RRP' :)

I didn't realise the 5% and 10% discounts could both be applied
It makes you wonder what profit they are making on 'normal' sales!

I know what you mean! "rrp" should be spelt "rrp :wink: " and is a bit of a marketing tool - but maybe I'm a (fellow?) cynic.

Indeed! Know VAT off the 128 and you have roughly £107 then factor in delivery stocking advertising not to mention buying it in in the first place AND the cost of manufacturing and shipping etc. etc.

How does anyone make a profit? [edit: ...at sale prices. As you say the profit at "normal" prices is much much higher]

The recession is good for the bargain hunters as companies compete for our trade :ho2

Very nice little saw you have there. I had one and found the cutting capacity to be way above what I expected for such a light and easy to move saw.

Dust Busker":3kkdtxjc said:
Very nice little saw you have there. I had one and found the cutting capacity to be way above what I expected for such a light and easy to move saw.
It arrived early this morning but I didn't have time to unpack it until late this afternoon. It still hasn't been used 'in anger' as it were, though it has had power applied.

It took me nearly an hour to clear a space to site it - that's why I need a new workshop - I seem to have enough equipment for a 10M x 6M space but actually only have 9M x 2.5M :( :( I also need a larger band saw - my current 75mm high x 160mm wide unit simply won't suffice any more - so I'm going to build a 4.2 x 3M extension to the rear when I can get a builder to knock a doorway into the end of my existing space and lay a base.

I don't envisage stretching this saw to its 305 x 78 capacity on this project though, 75 x 45 Redwood framing and 15 x 120 shiplap is likely to be the biggest but I always seem to want just that little extra out of all the machinery I buy!

I used mine to frame a 24ft shed and greenhouse and to cut all the flooring and cladding as well as trim the roof shingles. It worked very well and stayed accurate throughout. Hope you get at least as much good use as I did!

Jim

Back