And it is.............

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not everything I make has holes and bits o rotten wood. Sometimes I get chatting to customers at shows and they come up with an idea for something that I can make. I need a stock of cheaper end things often making up the cost of the show with them. This will sell cheaply and could be a nice little earner amongst the ladies, but what is it?

Pete

It isn't a spurtle before anyone suggests that and is mainly aimed at the ladies. (ooh that sounds bad LOL)

Magnetic pick up stick.jpg

Attachments

• Magnetic pick up stick.jpg
    Magnetic pick up stick.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,045
finneyb":lwgmmhbf said:
Is it a magnetic pick up stick? Or is the photo description incorrect?

Brian

Doh, I forgot that comes up on this forum LOL. It is, any idea what you would use it for?

Pete

Bodrighy":24gbo92q said:
finneyb":24gbo92q said:

Brian

Doh, I forgot that comes up on this forum LOL. It is, any idea what you would use it for?

Pete
Dropped pins?

Bodrighy":ue0fclb3 said:
finneyb":ue0fclb3 said:

Brian

Pete

I would guess....

Picking up magnetic things?

Though where did you find magnetic wood? #-o

Nice turning, BTW

OK. I am stoopid LOL. It is in fact for picking up dropped pins. I make magnetic pin bowls and the lady bought one and was trying to pick up pins on the bottom of it as the magnet I used was strong enough. She mentioned the idea of being able to pick up pins that dropped on the carpet, often hard to see. I came up with the idea of the pick up stick and have done the same as with the bowls. Drilled a hole the same diameter as the magnet then glued the magnet in just below the surface and covered with a thin layer of sawdust/CA glue filler and sanded back. Works a treat. This one is 12" lng but the uvver arf suggested making them longer for people who can't bend much.

Pete

A little bit off piste here , but I once came into possesion of about 2 dozen magnetic business card / calendar combos. Thin bits of magnetic card. My wife ,as always, just rolled her eyes with a "what do you want those for" look. when I got home I stapled them to the top surface of my shop push broom. Now any metal bits that make it to the floor are a simple matter to find, normal sweeping up and turn over the broom and push into the pile a few times. surprisingly effective.
Not as pretty as yours amigo , but I'm sort of a brute force type.

Maybe you could also do one with some of that stuff they use in those magic Lint rollers for picking up non metallic items.

procell":2u4hxdkk said:
Maybe you could also do one with some of that stuff they use in those magic Lint rollers for picking up non metallic items.

It's an idea, with perhaps a ball shaped tip. Thanks for the idea

Pete

Latest posts

Back