An embarrassment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Last Thursday I was doing a bit of voluntry driving for a Sydney medical hospital research team and had to pick up an elderly lady from her retirement home. Unfortunately the lady weighed around 18stone and I placed her in the back of the car and tried to get the seat belt fitted.

We were both having some difficulty so I went around the other side of the car and got in beside her but closed my door because it was draughty.
We eventually got the belt fitted and I then went to open my side door but found the child lock was operating. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I didnt want to undo her seat belt and get her out of the car so I had to clamber over the front seats (complete with headrests)
I think she had kittens, and thought the English were a funny lot.

devonwoody":xz3vtu3h said:
Last Thursday I was doing a bit of voluntry driving for a Sydney medical hospital research team and had to pick up an elderly lady ... I think she had kittens, and thought the English were a funny lot.
We're not half as funny as Australian medical researchers who make elderly ladies have kittens.

:whistle:

It seems like you're enjoying yourself, John. Carry on :) .

Gill

:oops: Hi John & Janet
Got your message from Carol. Here I am , I have been reading what you have posted. So you can stop nagging Carol now!!!!

I'm not sure if I am in right place for posting a reply, but expect you will soon put me right.

Hope your feet are getting better John!
You should have sent Janet to find the car keys!!!!!!!!

I have downloaded Skype which works for the Mac and other PCs it works in the same way MSN but has added features such as ringing your mobile through the computer (or one can buy a computer phone) the cost to ring your mobile from England is GBP 0.116 with vat GBP 0.133 To ring land line Sydney GBP 0.012 with vat 0.014

One has to have an account for this, that starts off at £10 so when I get brave may try this way of phoning you on your mobile. My last phone bill from BT was £169

If you manage to get on a computer and it has a mike attached we can talk for nothing, (other than the cost of having to pay for being on line of course.)

Jan!

it was good to talk to you the other day, even tho it was brief, you sounded well.

My apologies to the woodworkers on the forum. I am only a old lady wanting to talk to her brother and sister- in- law on domestic matters.

JOHN JANET try not to have any more mishaps!!!!!!

Love
Eve

e.lee4":3nylnowt said:
javascript:emoticon(':D')
Thanks Lord Nibbo
eve

Eve, if you investigate this forum you can send me a private message just touch the icon "PM" at the bottom of the window and you will get a new windown and you can then send private messages unseen by those naughty boys and girls that lurk on this forum.

Back