Aluminium sash cramps.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, they are ghastly. Cheap and nasty and Not Fit for Purpose springs to mind. They don't clamp square.

I have a load that I never use. If you would like them let me know. They are just cluttering up the place.

thetyreman":3rzx8xjt said:
Also I would not recommend using double sided tape to stick on the wooden jaws to the heads (as sellers recommends), they end up slowly slipping off mid clamping session, epoxy is way better.
Agreed. I used contact adhesive and they're sticking just fine.

I have some for light use which I bought from Screwfix many years ago . Be aware of the heads jamming on releasing them. I think it is caused by the aluminium flexing when tightening. Mine need a tap with a hammer to get the clamp square them up then they are fine. Don't overtighten them as I have had the casting fail so had I had four and now three. I understand the weight issue when comparing to record sash clamps.

RogerS":pg8i4o8t said:
Mike, they are ghastly. Cheap and nasty and Not Fit for Purpose springs to mind. They don't clamp square.

I have a load that I never use. If you would like them let me know. They are just cluttering up the place.
Never used them but I've heard the same, so I stick with traditional 'old skool' Record (or similar) sash cramps - Rob

Back