Alternative to Scr$wfix ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an alternative to screwfix ?
I need to order a lot of galvanised brackets for decking, and screwfix has some very good prices (better than the local price here!).
however, they dont deliver to France !!
so i need to find another source that does.. any idea ?
Thanks !

The alternatives I can think of are D+M tools, Axminster, Silverline and even Sugatsone (think thats how you spell it). However I do not know if these guys deliver to France.

BUT... I was working in France last month and can tell you about these guys - RABONI, who can be found at [email protected]

I found them great, mainly 'cos their saleman spoke English!! They may well be able to help you. And they, of course, are in France.

HTH

Neil

cheers,
i ll have a look at raboni..so far i couldnt find an online shop though.
I checked the others, but no luck with the brackets i am after (90x90mm reenforced square brackets for decking).

stef I am happy to send them over to you if you send me payment in advance. Could be pricey on the postage tho.

another alternative is toolstation Set up by the guy who set up Screwfix and then sold it to Kingfisher group (without an anticompetion clause). I have found that they are actually cheaper on almost everything, ok they dont have the same amount of products but they do sell more quality brand tools. Oh and the one in folkestone is 400 yards from the B&Q and the Screwfix branch so dropping into 2 or 3 is not really an inconvenience.

steff

What do you need the brackets for, most decking projects can be completed without the need for them. It depends on the design, have you thought about alternative fixing.

63881857713e83a7cf78fc78033db270718d2e5dc3ea70af1f1a29da.jpg

I built this decking a couple of years ago, no metal brackets needed. It is approx 12mts x 4mts and nearly 2mts high.

Les

Latest posts

Back