Alibaba

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsb

Established Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had bought any machinery from Alibaba ( realistically China). If so, what was the quality like?

I bought a 'cryteck' hydraulic dumper, same as lumag hd500 and lots of others ( scheppach etc all buy from the same place and rebadge )
Out of the box the clutch cable ( not an actual clutch ) was tight as hell and within a few presses of the plastic handle, it snapped.
Teething problems? I bought an upgraded metal replacement but then needed a new cable as it didnt fit the handle 😐
I disconnected the brakes which are operated by the 'clutch cable' as well and that was much better.... until i discovered an oil leak behind the right hand track. Long story short, i had to find my own parts to replace bits in a badly designed system that will fail every 35 to 40 hours until the drive shafts have worn a bit and cannot be sealed any more
The belt operating the 'clutch' and brakes etc fell apart and it turns out they arent built to run pressure in the way the machine uses it, so a new belt at around 70 quid would be needed. I fixed it, sold it, and will never get caught again.

Just buy something from a recognised manufacturer, avoid chinesium 😖

You need to be realistic about the definition of quality. Some items are going to be no good or cause you a lot of hassle and re-work whilst others can deliver but it depends upon the item. If it is just a static item like a ruler or ruler with a stop that you are only using for repeat measurements then you can get "good quality" but a lot of other stuff may deliver on day one but not a week later so it is buyer beware and understand your needs and expectations as quality and good engineering are not going to come cheap.

Back