Alf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yetloh":2izg8zhk said:
...I must admit to having this
A1_22_11th2.jpg

the very one, and one of these
No98_Image15th2.jpg

Fixed the code for ya, Jim. (Cripes, this is like old times indeed...) Very tasty gloatage there.

Alf,

Love the NX60 review and I completely agree. After getting it I sold my LN60 1/2. I had always cursed its awkward lateral adjustment and in this respect the NX60 is a revelation in comparison. Haven't missed the LN for a second.

Thanks for sorting the pics.

Jim

yetloh":3ck1yd0e said:
Alf,

Love the NX60 review and I completely agree. After getting it I sold my LN60 1/2. I had always cursed its awkward lateral adjustment and in this respect the NX60 is a revelation in comparison. Haven't missed the LN for a second.

Thanks for sorting the pics.

Jim
Not sure now. The NX60 looks very bling (and it is) but in use there's something about it that I find strange...I can't put my finger on it and say exactly what quite, but strange. I have the 60.5 as well and reach for it every time...seems to sit better in the hand somehow
The Barnsley 'shop were also evaluating it (NX60) and had their doubts as well
As to adjusting the lateral movement, a simple tap with a Phillytapometer is all I ever need to do to adjust it. It also helps if the blade is honed dead square which is guaranteed with the KIII honing guide - Rob

Naturally I haven't the foggiest idea what I said about it now (will go and read own review :roll: ) but worse, I can't think which block I reach for most often either. I do seem to recall the NX60/DX60 falls between the two stools of common block plane sizes, being long and slim, and I wonder if that tells against it to the experienced user who's naturally attuned to a certain size?

Phillytapometer
Hammer? :-s

KIII honing guide
I'm so out of touch. It's a honing guide and it's made by...?

Hey, this is like Life on Mars - I've woken up and found myself in a world where Alf is posting again on UKWorkshop! Brilliant!

Very glad you're back, Alf.

Well HOORAH! and might I venture a HUZZAH! into the bargain, Alf is among us once more! :)

I'm feeling all choked up and a little moist.

Welcome back! :D

Welcome back Alf - you have been missed!

Philly makes (and sells) plane hammers.

The Honing Guide is made by Richard Kell - Workshop Heaven sell them.

Rod

Vormulac":1uvhind1 said:
Well HOORAH! and might I venture a HUZZAH! into the bargain,

I'm feeling ................... a little moist.

With Old age bladder control can become a problem.
Can I suggest you try not to get overexcited

Big soft moose

Greetings

Re newly installed tumble drier

Be careful of condensation - when I shared my work shop with one
I had areal problem with keeping the rust at bay

Vormulac":2k6k2fu7 said:
Naturally I was thinking 'with tears of joy'... :wink: :lol:

Glad we got that one cleared up... :shock:

Cheers, Rod - found Rob's review of the guide. As for Phil, sigh, I remember when I was pushing him down The Slope and now he's building a brand new slope to push everyone else down. How quickly they grow up. :lol:

Toscageoff":1jhcclgj said:
Big soft moose

Greetings

Re newly installed tumble drier

Be careful of condensation - when I shared my work shop with one
I had areal problem with keeping the rust at bay

cheers geoff - already been considered - its a condensing one not vented so that should be less of an issue - plus i can run a dehumidifier on a timeswitch if necessary

Brilliant Alf is back,
I was busy Sunday and missed the the start of the post but this has made my day,

Welcome back Alf so good to hear from you again and as you see a lot of people missed you,

Cheers Nigel

welcome.gif
back Alf,

Sort of made my evening when settling down to see what had been happening in the world after a weekend away and found you back in communication.

As others have said, although I just reside in the spinny side of wood mangling these days, your input to the knowledge base on tools and things broadens my appreciation and understanding of the wider field.

I`ve been through the LN web pages three times now and I still can`t find that egg cracker

What? A Lie Nielson teaspoon?

It'll be very expensive, look very good, be useable straight from the polythene bag and do the job just about as well as any other teaspoon. :D :D

Mike

Back