Alf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome again, Alf.

See.....you have even woken me out of an inactive period! Forum wise, that is.
Best wishes, anyway

SF

Ah! What a nice end of the day, Alf's back on line \:D/ Great to see you here again Alf, I suspect your workshop is in need of some loving sawdust and chippings, I got a couple of bags free of charge if you want them :wink:

WhoHarrrrrrrrrr!!
Welcome Back Alf :!: :!:
Great to hear from you.
Now we have to find a way to tempt you over the intervening couple of borders to get to Waka's bash
There'll be some interesting Howkinsy thingys there........ :roll:
cheers,
Martin

Alf":krp3ufbj said:
P.S. The amusing thing about this thread is that the sig on my posts has remained utterly unchanged the whole time. :wink:

Funny thing is, that's what I thought when I followed Brad's link!

I was asking Philly after you down at Cressing temple a couple of weeks ago - glad to see you back on the radar again!

Dave

Helo Alf, good to see you back; if you have forgotten what you were doing, you'll be a lucky XXXXer as you will have all the fun of discovery to enjoy over again!

Alf

Really good to see you back, we've been lacking in a tool guru for far to long.

You'd be most welcome to the upcoming bash in Weymouth.

Alf,

I'm pretty much a new boy around here and only learnt of you when via this thread. Thoroughly enjoyed your workshop tour. Are you still getting the Veritas tools? Recently got the NX60 block plane. Fab, and streets ahead of LN in my view. Would be very interested in your opinion.

Jim

I know that Rob, but I was curious (at the risk of diverting the thread) why Jim "Yetloh" chose "Yetloh" as a forum name, given that "Yetloh" is "Holtey" backwards........that's all. :wink:

Mike

Aww shucks, chaps, you maketh me to blush.

Alas, don't think I have a prayer of getting to the Bash, Waka, even with the additional lure of Howkins-related goodness (you know how to tempt a girl, Martin :lol: ) However I do have a couple of copies the latest Lee Valley catalogues I could pop in the post if they'd be welcome? You tool collectors may already be knee-deep in them of course... :wink:

yetloh":cpdwlhqv said:
Are you still getting the Veritas tools? Recently got the NX60 block plane. Fab, and streets ahead of LN in my view. Would be very interested in your opinion.
Hi Jim. Did get something from Veritas the other day which is strictly under wraps at the mo' but should cause some comment nearer Christmas, but otherwise more or less out of the loop at the moment. Kinda enjoying being back with Joe Public in that respect, but no doubt curiosity will eventually get the better of me again and I'll be badgering El Presidente for info. :) As for the NX60, my immediate first-look review is here. I should be able to say "Having used it for a while, I can now say..." but unfortunately I haven't. You really don't want to know how many planes sitting unused in boxes I have by my right elbow as I type; you'd be spitting feathers at the waste. :oops:

Cheers, Fla :D

Mike,

You're the first to spot it. seemed like a good idea at the time and I must admit to having this
http://holteyplanes.co.uk/images/A1_22_11th2.jpg
the very one, and one of these
http://holteyplanes.co.uk/images/No98_Image15th2.jpg

I am a bit of a fan and know Karl quite well.

I have a review of his No 962 awaiting publication in F&C.

Jim

Can't get the bloody pictues to work but the addresses are right.

Back