Alf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark w":2rmfaxpx said:
mike,
Which end of an egg do you crack open first? :lol:

Regards, Mark w

Good grief, you don't mean to tell me we're still waiting on LN to bring out an egg shell auger...?

Good evening, folks; I thought my ears were burning rather painfully. Slightly embarrassing, but in a good way. Alas, it's true I'm something of a stranger to my own workshop at the moment, but I left pics of myself dotted about so hopefully the tools will still recognise me. Slightly worrying to realise how out of touch I've become, not to mention the amount of stuff I seem to have simply forgotten, but it's just like riding a bike, right? Only problem being I haven't ridden a bike in twenty years... #-o Anyway, now I've put a toe back in the water of forum life, I hope to hang around a bit and renew the lurve of wood butchery. If anyone can remember what I was in the middle of making, let me know would you...?

Cheers, The Alf Formerly Known As a Woodworker

P.S. The amusing thing about this thread is that the sig on my posts has remained utterly unchanged the whole time. :wink:

Mike Garnham":vlv2d98f said:
Funnily enough, she says that the things about fora that she finds depressing are conversations about "bevel up or bevel down?" or "LN, Worth the money?".......which are exactly the same things as bore me to tears. Ho hum.....

Mike
Ditto

Dave

Welcome back too, your departure pre-dated my arrival here but I've heard plenty about you and frequented your site often for tips and inspiration

Alf":nu2fi2om said:
Cheeky sod. You're just worried you'll never catch my post count now. :lol:

:( I was just keeping your seat warm :D

Alf":381g0457 said:
The amusing thing about this thread is that the sig on my posts has remained utterly unchanged the whole time. :wink:

Well, there's something odd going on then.

This morning some of your old posts had this sig on them and others didn't. I have no idea how that works.

Anyway, you're back and that's great!

Cheers
Brad

Good to see you back Alf.

When I joined this forum years ago you were the most helpful member, assisting in uploading photos as well as other useful advice. I think the membership was around a couple of hundred then.

It is really good to see you back and I hope any derusting in the workshop goes well.

Les

dicktimber":34d7z5ke said:
There are new products to ask about, new finishes to ask about and how why and where to buy stuff.
To me it's an endless pot of knowledge, all dispenced
'In the best possible Taste!'
Some hiss taking, some serious stuff, and very occasionally some one gets banned!!!!!.but not often.

Extraordinarily, and very rarely, someone actually makes something too! :eek:

Mike

PS As a mark of respect to returning forum royalty, can I suggest that we ban all conversation about bevels, Lie Nielson, and lathes for a short period........say twenty seven years? :D :D

Mike Garnham":j2da9tox said:

Mike

Nah, making things is vastly over rated, it'll never catch on, think of all the sawdust and stuff over all my nice shiny tools :lol:

Good to see you back Alf \:D/

Cheers, Paul :D

paulm":5sz7e3jg said:
Mike Garnham":5sz7e3jg said:

Mike

Nah, making things is vastly over rated, it'll never catch on, think of all the sawdust and stuff over all my nice shiny tools :lol:

Good to see you back Alf \:D/

Cheers, Paul :D

yep theres far too much wood in my 'shop to actually make anything, not to mention the greif i'll get of swimbo if i get dust all over the newly installed tumble drier

actually i'm supposed to be making a unit to enclose it and keep it dust fre - but its a catch 22 of how to machine the wood for the dust guard without making dust ;)

... and welcome back alf - i arrived after your departure but like others i have heard much.

big soft moose":2cu2bqwk said:
not to mention the greif i'll get of swimbo if i get dust all over the newly installed tumble drier

actually i'm supposed to be making a unit to enclose it and keep it dust fre - but its a catch 22 of how to machine the wood for the dust guard without making dust ;)

:shock: :shock: Tumble drier in your workshop!!!!! Who on earth needs clean dry clothes anyway? In your workshop? What were you thinking? What did you get in return?

Ebay it immediately, then go outside and tie a piece of cord between two trees.....and invest in some pegs.

.......or, leave it there as a dummy, but take the belt off the drum and attach it to a nice big sanding disc mounted up above, and use the handy door thing to store stuff behind.

Mike

Mike Garnham":2gtq7uiv said:
big soft moose":2gtq7uiv said:
not to mention the greif i'll get of swimbo if i get dust all over the newly installed tumble drier

:shock: :shock: Tumble drier in your workshop!!!!! Who on earth needs clean dry clothes anyway? In your workshop? What were you thinking? What did you get in return?

Ebay it immediately, then go outside and tie a piece of cord between two trees.....and invest in some pegs.

.......or, leave it there as a dummy, but take the belt off the drum and attach it to a nice big sanding disc mounted up above, and use the handy door thing to store stuff behind.

Mike

lol - we've got the peice of cord thing already but its doesnt work in the winter and as i frequently come home filthy and soaking wet its at least partly for my benefit

actually its not too bad - it throws out a nice whack of heat which will keep me warm in the 'shop and i'm going to build a bench over it to take the morticer and pillar drill so i dont lose much space

and in return i get to evict MBGitW bike and the flymo into a bike store (once ive built it) which more than makes up for the lost space.

more importantly i get a happy MBGitW who didnt bat an eyelid when i did nearly a hundred notes on clock mechanisms

Back