Aldi digital calipers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are great value for money, I think my calipers are 6 years old now and still on original battery.

Awesome, picked mine up today. If anyone is struggling there is loads left in my local store, that could forward on.

James

To be frank these are no great bargains. You can get the same item delivered free off eBay for less.
Well worth having however you buy them though.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Wilkinson's have digital calipers in for £7.99. Quite amazed at the quality and accuracy for the price

Sent from my GT-I9300

I think they are a good buy. My son has just bought a set off ebay (£5.00) nowhere as good as those from Aldi. Asked me to take mine round so he can finish his project.

Rhossydd":1wqbwzua said:
To be frank these are no great bargains. You can get the same item delivered free off eBay for less.
Well worth having however you buy them though.
However you can return them to Aldi/ Lidl anytime in the next 3yrs if they fail, whereas ebay well...??? I know where I'd spend the extra £2/3!

mahomo59":2nuw0mhw said:
Awesome, picked mine up today. If anyone is struggling there is loads left in my local store, that could forward on.

James
Just had a look in my Aldi, they don't know anything about them. Usual pleb response "if we've got them they are out on display, if not on display, we have either not had them or they have sold out". Great customer care eh.

Watch out by the way for the digital angle finders at Lidl from the 26th Feb onwards. A set of those is always worth having in your toolbox.

All my calipers are Mitutoyo. Quite fortunate that when the engineering company my ex-wife worked at closed shop I was allowed in on the Saturday with my van to, in the words of the nicer brother, "take whatever my brother won't miss". I literally had the van bursting at the seams :D

Been having a play with these calipers today and am pleasantly surprised at the accuracy. They may be made in China but they perform well. Aldi is a curious place, but forums like this one are a great help sorting out the wheat from the chaff. In the past I have had terrible problems with Aldi Magnum brand washing-up liquid which doesn't cut the mustard in a hard-water area. I went back to fairy. Their pesto is a bit ropey too. On the other hand, some of their plonk is top notch and I have enjoyed many a pleasant evening getting stuck into it.
Interestingly, I have also noticed there are people using the store who if one had suggested they tried it 5 years ago would have slapped your face.
Here's to the Germans. And the Chinese. CHEERS!!!

Latest posts

Back