Aldi bargains?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john1215":1xlujr4n said:
Hi,

For what it is worth, I have recently purchased a mini circular saw £59.99 and a multi tool 29.99, both from Aldi. I have used them both, the saw for cutting laminate flooring with a TCT blade and the latter for cutting the bottom of lots of door frames and for making vertical cuts down skirting boards. Both tools are excellent quality and with a 3 year warranty good value in my opinion.
Aldi also sell several accessory sets for the multi-tool for £9.99. You can buy the identical products from B and Q for £44.95, the only difference is that the B and Q set is BOSCH branded. It is a no brainer for me.

I'm going to need a multitool soon to remove some grout but I resisted the temptation to get one from Aldi last week, I walked past and didn't even look to see if they had any left ! Thanks for the micro review,

ive been buying a few things from aldi lately, i know they arent top of the range but they are atleast equal to something twice the price in most cases and its pretty cheap to get started.
ive got their circular saw that ive mounted to a table for a table saw and it seems pretty good to me but im not experienced, i would like a proper table saw but itl tide me over.
their router seems ok, no doubt it would be better with decent cutters, the plunge action is pretty smooth although a little stiff but im hoping itl loosen up with use, i will get a better one with a 1/2 collet very soon though.
i think the p clamps theyv had in recently are pretty good and very sturdy although the foot bit does tend to walk a bit while tightening.
the squares they sell were pretty accurate although a bit flimsy.
the straight edge is straight lol

Lons":3adjvwr1 said:
I've no use for one having just spashed out 15x that on a Makita kit :oops: to go with my Dewalt and Elu.

Doesn't all the Aldi stuff have a 3 year warranty which would mean you can't lose? ( It's only 4 pints of beer anyway :lol: )

Bob

I'm an Elu buff Bob. If I could find a good, used 177e I wouldn't hesitate in buying! Why I sold the one I had I'll never know. Well... I was into 'de-cluttering' at the time. According to Don Aslett's book 'Clutter's Last Stand', as I hadn't used the router for about 12 months, I 'didn't need the clutter'! :roll:

I suppose I'll have to buy a DeWalt, to replace it, as using the Leigh jig with just one router is a pain! :lol:

Back