advice on which table saw to buy pls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Firstly, new to this forum so hi to all who popped in to see my question and thanks in advance for any advice given.

Got what I think is a unusual question as could not find answer anywhere else on the forum.

I have a 1.5m x 800mm workbench, which I modifed some time ago to fit a table saw 800w motor off one of them crappy litfle saws you see in B and Q . I bought the saw at the time to do some laminate flooring which it did ok. Afterwards rather than throw it away, I moded the workbench, ripped the motor out of the crappy frame it was in and built it in. Allowed me to cut bigger boards etc.

Now im doing more and more work with it, and find not having tilt and rise and fall a pain. My worbench is great, (far to good for the motor if im honest) I built my own fence that is solid and true that runs over the full lentgh of the workbench, along with mitre slots etc, with sled and mitre gauge, currently being moded for router at one end.

I do not have the funds to buy a 10inch cabinet style saw, so looking at getting on of them cheaper table saws, ie sip 1930, clarke 10inch, ive even seen something called rexon BTS 10A on ebay.

Do you have any recommendations for a 10inch saw, which I can either rip the top off and fit into my workbench, or mod the top of the work bench to take the whole saw. A lot of the table saw reviews I keep coming across, really rip into some of these saw on the horrid fences and mitre slots they come with. Since I dont give a damn about fence quality, or mitre slots, and interested in the saw itself/riving knife and easy blade changing etc, what saw, say under £200 would you chaps go for.

Think I explained it ok, but thanks for reading.

Latest posts

Back