advice needed asap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David111s

Established Member
Reaction score
hi there i really need some advice from you all!

basically i left school and went straight into a benchjoinery aprentiship with a small local firm i've now completed nv2 lev 2 in bench joinery and am currently think what to do next i want to leave the firm because it really is bad badly run and its just nothing but stress.

i have alway wanted to do furniture making so i'm trying to find places i could do a full time course at. theres the problem! i live in kingston surrey and i'm finding it very difficult to find anywere to do f/m places i'm looking into are, london met uni, rycotewood center oxford, chichester college, Bridgewater, David Savages 12month course,

so can anyone help me out? has anyone done fulltime courses in f/m and were? any recommendations? or does anyone have any other ideas?

any help would be very much apreacciated

cheers David

Kingston Poly now university used to do various design & making courses out of the Knights Park faculty. Have you looked at what they offer? I know for a fact some of the design students built furniture. I used to work there in the late 80s early 90s though I guess it's probably radically different by now. At least in those days the arts faculty was highly regarded and ran a lot of different types of courses.
Cheers Mike

cheers for the reply ive looked into the kston f/m but its really just the design part witch isn't quite what i'm looking for

Cheers David

David - the new issue of F&C, out today 'cos I've just got my copy :lol: has loads of classified ads in the back about furniture making courses and Michael Huntley has an ongoing series where he visits different colleges throughout the country...in this issue he's visiting Wiltshire College. Might be worth giving the editor a ring on 01273 477374 or email him at [email protected] - Rob

BCUC has three furniture courses that I could recommend (I used to work there and had regular contact with that department) - based in High Wycombe

Brian

Hi David, the london college of furniture is now called London Metropolitan University and has a lot of furniture oriented courses at foundation and undergrad level.I haven't been, but the students I've spoken to at Furnitureworks shows are positive about the courses - might be worth a look
Shrubby

Back