ad-Vice wanted !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purseglove

Reaction score
Can anybody please help me with this Vice, i have? (!) a No 1, old time Record.
Is there anything missing? there is only a small spring, a washer, and the threaded handle But I cannot see how they they fix together. (I have not found anybody who has looked
inside a vice!) P-G, A.K.A . The village silly person of 'ampshire

Attachments

• 2020-10-14 11.04.21.jpg
    2020-10-14 11.04.21.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
there are a couple of pins missing that lock the screw in place along with a 'holder' for want of a better word that sits inside the main body.

i'll get some photos of my No.2 vice, same design/layout

first picture shows where your spring and washer goes - you should have a pin to go through the hole in the screw shaft to hold them back.

2nd pic shows the pin that stops the 'holder' that the screw shaft screws into from coming out.

i've a No. 2, No.3 and No. 4 Record vice, no No.1 as yet though :) lol

hope these help :)

rgds
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Have a look here. It's a scan of an old Record catalogue. Near the end are pages of exploded diagrams showing all the parts.

https://archive.org/details/RecordToolsCatalogueNo17Pocket1967/page/n109/mode/2up
Thanks again Andrew..... nothing missing! its seems to be that it is the small pin thats worn away.
there are a couple of pins missing that lock the screw in place along with a 'holder' for want of a better word that sits inside the main body.

i'll get some photos of my No.2 vice, same design/layout

first picture shows where your spring and washer goes - you should have a pin to go through the hole in the screw shaft to hold them back.

2nd pic shows the pin that stops the 'holder' that the screw shaft screws into from coming out.

i've a No. 2, No.3 and No. 4 Record vice, no No.1 as yet though :) lol

hope these help :)

rgds
Gary
Thank you Gary... it appears to be that the little pin has worn away, so nothing missing!
and with luck, can get it working again, .......P..g

Latest posts

Back