Abac,Sip or Clarke compressor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
HI folks
Looking for a compressor for the shop maybe up to 10cfm and found a fairly local supplier who can supply the above makes and wondered what if anything to choose between them?.
Cheers
Steve

I've got a SIP compresser, had it yonks and had no problems at all, never used the others so couldn't comment on them.

Ditto - My SIP compressor is now about 8 years old and still works as well as the day I got it.

They get my vote - good value for money and your not paying over the odds for a name!!

Rog

The plot thickens!! so should it be oil free or oil lubricated, direct or belt driven?? :lol:
Cheers again
Steve

Might help if you could give an idea of budget.
I have 2 SIP's 250 litre and 300 litre, I run them fairly constantly each day, they last about a year before they need refurbishing.
I don't rate them and will replace with a better brand once they are beyond repair.

As its not an everyday tool I`ll need I thought about £200/250 ish. I now realise that the quoted cfm is not quite what you get out the hose end more like 2/3rds cfm and apparantly direct drive tends to be noisier than belt driven so bit more to think about.
Thanks
Steve

the abac and sip are fairly good
but the clarke not so good in the last 12 months i have replaced quite a few motors due to failed centrifugal switchs (single phase only) but having said that a new motor for the clarke is only around £70 so it works out cheaper than someone paying me to strip the motor to fit a new switch

Latest posts

Back