A strange sense of satisfaction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FogggyTown

Established Member
Reaction score
Or maybe it's a sense of "arrival" or "accomplishment"? Wifey asked me to make something not too complicated for the home and I was able to make it without any outside sourcing. I had the timber, the hardware, the tools necessary to size the timber, the finishing materials . . . everything was already in my workshed. Like I said, this gave me a curious sense of having attained a certain level of, I don't know, maybe you guys have had the feeling.

It's usually known as "relief"...

...that you're not going to get a week's worth of aural gbh because you haven't done what she's asked you in the time she expects it to be done!

Fogggytown - I know what you mean, also second Joiner's comment though! A feeling of a job well done, by yourself, without relying on outside supplies / support etc makes (me) feel a man... That doesn't sound like I should post it on a family friendly forum, but I feel I've completed it, and proud of the fact!

Or maybe the wife has been reading your woodworkers magazines and figured out what she could have you build with what you have stored up that she could use?? :D

Joiner":1p82nn9l said:
It's usually known as "relief"...

...that you're not going to get a week's worth of aural gbh because you haven't done what she's asked you in the time she expects it to be done!

tell me about it - my MBGITW gave me a right ear bashing the other day because apparently shes been waiting "over a year" for a cd rack/stereo unit. Good trick as we've only been living together for 9 months and i didnt mention building the CD rack until early june - still probably not wise to make these points me thunks

guess what i'm building this wekend instead of going to westonbirt :cry:

big soft moose":3bz8ty7l said:
apparently shes been waiting "over a year" for a cd rack/stereo unit.

Yebbut ( JB™) Did she say she had been waiting for over a year for you to do it? Maybe your 'predesessor' wasn't quick enough. :shock: :D

BSM
I dunno - I don't think I could have let that slide myself.

Maybe I need to learn the way of "anything for a quiet life".

Back