A sticky question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just been given some Evo-stik called Evo-Bond PVA glue.
I do not know much about glues for woodwork but will this glue be any good, it comes in a 5 litre red container and would be a shame not to use it.

I also have a bench saw come chop saw, you can saw down on to the wood then push it across, are, it may be called a cross saw, what I would like to know is the blade in the saw 40teeth cuts a bit ruff compared with my 60teeth bench saw, would it pay to get a new blade with more teeth for this saw, I only cut 2x2 wood.
Any help please.

Just one more, plans to make a router table, I am going to have a go at this but would like some tips or a plan.

I am looking forward to the idea of video DVD on woodwork, good idea.

1). It sounds like your Evo-Stick PVA is just a standard PVA wood glue (not suitable for outdoor applications). As long as it hasn't been exposed to temperatures below about 5 degrees C it should be ok. If it has it will probably have separated a bit (curds and whey?) and should be discarded.

2). Your saw sounds like a sliding compound mitre saw, if I have understood your description correctly. A better quality blade with more teeth is usually the best upgrade you can make to this type of kit.

3). I built my router table from the plans in the book "Woodworking with the router" by Hylton and Matlack. I modified their design by putting it on castors and adjusting the height so that it also functions as an outfeed table for my table saw (Triton Workcentre). I also made a different fence for mine, based on the Ron Fox design on the Wealden web site listed above. The Hylton and Matlack book is also good for general routing techniques.

Thanks to Paul for the link, will have to do some reading but looks like some good tips.
Thanks to George to, I have ordered the woodworking with the router book from a library in Somerset, free perks of the job.
I am slowly learning about woodworking from every one.

Back